Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Told Not to Bond as it is 'Too Distressing'

Wise Old Thumper

Good luck, hope it all works out for you. Sounds like you can give a her a lovely home.

We have done 3 successful bonds and none were related. I hope it is love at first sight for them for you.
    Last edited by bunny babe; 13-05-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    Homer and Katy "Mum, is that pineapple you have in there?"

I've pledged a 1 to rescues, will you too? Pledge here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...d.php?t=218589
    Here's how the "Pledge 1" has helped:http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...d.php?t=234642

Wise Old Thumper Georgeypudding's Avatar

I'd buy her, quarentine her for 2 weeks and then start bonding her with your lad!

None of my rabbits have been related, but have bonded perfectly well!

Quote Originally Posted by wendle View Post
    If you get the bunny ask someone at a rescue near you if they would help bond your bunnys for you both bunnys would be happier with a playmate
    ^^^this^^^

Why not give Jill a call & talk through the scenario with her?

Run free Melody & Boysie, our ponies of over 20 years, our special bunnies Inca & Badger
    & also gorgeous Fidget the crazy cat, all taken to early. We will never forget you xxx

Visit the Pledge a Pound Website and Forum http://pledgeapound.net/about.php

Go an get her. They just knocked your confidence but you sound like a great owner. And if you're not you've got us to knock you into shape.

The rabbit welfare association (and every other animal welfare body that issues advice on rabbits) believe that rabbits are best kept in pair and groups. It would be helpful to have a read of this: http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resou...uds_jul_04.pdf

One thing I would say, is to be prepared to deal with any health problems she may have, as whilst most rescues will health check and check the teeth of all rabbits before rehoming, it isnt general p@h policy to necessarily do so, although I believe in some stores they may.
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM (OR ASK ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES).

Wise Old Thumper

Cari you have already contacted me re finding Stephen a wife
    PAh are, not surprisingly, talking nonesense.but a few things

to see a rabbit alone in their store is sad..but if you get her she will be replaced by another next week and you cannot save them all

if you adopt from a rescue, like us, we will bond for you..and if the bond doesn't work we can try a different rabbit and you knwo the origianl one will be safe

if you buy this rabbits from PAH and the bonding doesn't work..what will you do with her as i doubt you'd want to take her back

do think that through before getting her.alot of the adoptin rabbits in there are stock that has grown..so moved dept to allow them to buy in new baby one..makes me mad
    my personal view is do not go in there..the less animals bought from them, the more likely they are to stop selling them
    Jill @ HONEYBUNNIES
    Leicester Rabbit & Guinea Pig Rescue 0116 2869887 honeybunnysr@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by honeybunny View Post
    Cari you have already contacted me re finding Stephen a wife
    PAh are, not surprisingly, talking nonesense.but a few things

to see a rabbit alone in their store is sad..but if you get her she will be replaced by another next week and you cannot save them all

if you adopt from a rescue, like us, we will bond for you..and if the bond doesn't work we can try a different rabbit and you knwo the origianl one will be safe

if you buy this rabbits from PAH and the bonding doesn't work..what will you do with her as i doubt you'd want to take her back

do think that through before getting her.alot of the adoptin rabbits in there are stock that has grown..so moved dept to allow them to buy in new baby one..makes me mad
    my personal view is do not go in there..the less animals bought from them, the more likely they are to stop selling them
    Hiya,

I have yes, I'm currently exploring all avenues that may lead to finding Stevie a wifey-bun. I saw this rabbit on a trip to P@H and just thought she was lovely and felt terribly sorry for her. She was someone's pet but they couldn't look after her any longer, took her to be rehomed with a friend and they split them up immediately after they arrrived (not sure why).

I am very interested in adopting from a rescue which is why I contacted you and fully appreciate the support you would provide with bonding. I know I have to have a homecheck etc so am very keen to get the ball rolling as the longer I leave Stephen on his own the worse I feel and the lonlier he looks.

Mischievous Imp and Mummy Isis
    Soulbunny Stephen and Pretty Ellie

Imp 01.08.11/01.08.13&Isis 01.08.10/01.08.13
    Ellie 14.02.12/14.11.12&Stephen 12.08.10/22.08.11

Awww, there's no need to feel bad. Getting Stephen a friend is the kindest thing to do and he is clearly a much loved bunny

Why don't you get the homecheck sorted asap anyway and then at least that's another thing ticked off the 'to do' list

Run free Melody & Boysie, our ponies of over 20 years, our special bunnies Inca & Badger
    & also gorgeous Fidget the crazy cat, all taken to early. We will never forget you xxx

Visit the Pledge a Pound Website and Forum http://pledgeapound.net/about.php

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffers View Post
    Awww, there's no need to feel bad. Getting Stephen a friend is the kindest thing to do and he is clearly a much loved bunny

Why don't you get the homecheck sorted asap anyway and then at least that's another thing ticked off the 'to do' list
    OK, well I don't know how best to go about it but if one of you lovely Honeybunnies would like to arrange it with me I'd appreciate it pm or email or ring me, I emailed my details the other week.

Mischievous Imp and Mummy Isis
    Soulbunny Stephen and Pretty Ellie

Imp 01.08.11/01.08.13&Isis 01.08.10/01.08.13
    Ellie 14.02.12/14.11.12&Stephen 12.08.10/22.08.11

I have 7 totally unrelated buns who live together quite happily. P@H are xxxxxx
    Mum to Buzz, Lady, Alfie and Midnight
    Binky free Molly, Tilly & Isabelle

www.hopperholidays.co.uk

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much. ~Mother Teresa