• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Name the bunny' fundraiser for Pledge a Pound! U/D Winners announced

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
Hi and welcome to the latest fundraiser for Pledge a Pound, name the bunny!

This is bigbunny. He lives with me, but has never been named!

2dee5416.jpg

PayPal don’t allow ‘gambling’ style fundraisers anymore, so your £2 buys one willow stick to be sent to a rescue chosen out of a hat at the end of the fundraiser. In return for your stick donation, you may choose any name you like for bigbunny (or I can choose for you if you wish!). All the names will be put into a hat at the end of the fundraiser, and whichever one is chosen will win the prize!

£2 for one willow stick and one name guess

£5 for three willow sticks and three name guesses

£10 for 8 willow sticks and 8 name guesses

5cc039fb.jpg

56ee46eb.jpg

The prize consists of: 1 bunny cardboard tube, 1 bag of burgess excel dandelion and marigold herbage, all of the willow sticks pictured minus the ones sent to a rescue, 225g of small bunny shaped marshmallows, 60g single white marshmallow bunny, set of 3 red/white/black bunny socks, single pair of grey bunny socks, pastel green cupcake lidded mug, pink stud bunny earrings, and a £1 bunny trolley token.

The fundraiser will be run over two forums – RU and PaP forum. I will update each as often as possible. If two people choose the same name, that’s okay. Names will be listed next to a number, and prize draws will be on the number not the name.

Please send money directly to PaP at pledgeapound@hotmail.co.uk, as a GIFT so that PaP get the full amount. Write that it’s for the ‘name a bunny fundraiser’ and your forum name or preferred name & number of guesses.

After you send your payment, please write on the thread (or PM if you prefer) how many sticks you have sent, and which names you choose (or whether you want me to choose them!). I will update on the threads as soon as I can, and PaP will update me to let me know they’ve received the money successfully.
All profits will go direct to PaP, except for £10 to cover the prize provided by me (the postage cost included in the £10), and the £2/3 to send the willow sticks to the rescue.

Closing date of the fundraiser is 17th June, draws will be done within 2 days!

Donations & name guesses:

1. Violet – Wendle RU
2. Parsley – Wendle RU
3. Dudley – Wendle RU
4. Smudge – Wendle RU
5. Lily – Wendle RU
6. Scratch – Wendle RU
7. George – Wendle RU
8. Thumper – Wendle RU
9. Cashew – Bunnybunny PAP
10. Peanut – Bunnybunny PAP
11. Jacob – Bunnybunny PAP
12. Blueberry Muffin – Bunnymadhouse RU
13. Ted – Martlou RU
14. Rosie – Martlou RU
15. Bobby – Martlou RU
16. Wilson – Nessar RU
17. Winston - Nessar RU
18. Harvey - Nessar RU
19. Bambam - Rabswood PAP

Last edited:
Thanks so much for running this fundraiser - PaP really appreciate it :)

The prize is fab!!!!!!!!

I will definitely enter - must put my thinking cap, or more likely consult my 'Little Book of Bunny Nnames'.

Oo yay its been approved ! Thanks guys :D! I'll cross post to the PaP forum when I'm at my computer :D

Hi I've sent 8 sticks my 8 guesses are
1..Violet
2..Parsley
3..Dudley
4..Smudge
5..Lily
6..Scratch
7..George
8..Thumper

Does that mean there are just two guesses left now?

And do the new paypal rules mean noone can do raffles now? What about sweepstakes? Was hoping to do another for Windwhistle this summer :?

Hi I've sent 8 sticks my 8 guesses are
1..Violet
2..Parsley
3..Dudley
4..Smudge
5..Lily
6..Scratch
7..George
8..Thumper

Wow that's great, thanks a lot :love:! Will update the post now :thumb:

Does that mean there are just two guesses left now?

And do the new paypal rules mean noone can do raffles now? What about sweepstakes? Was hoping to do another for Windwhistle this summer :?

Oops nope, it's not just 10 guesses! I just did a few numbers to make it into a list so it was easier for me to make the post clear! The fundraisers end date hasn't been decided yet, I need to PM Sue to find out when she thinks would be best to end it. It'll run for likely over a month :thumb:

The paypal rules state 'gambling' is not allowed. I.e. Without the sticks, this fundraiser wouldn't be allowed. It's quite easy to get around by getting something small and saying 'every £1 gets one something (willow stick, one toy, something) AND you also get put into a prize draw for this prize'. It's just boring trying to think of something to be the thing that people are donating! Luckily for me I had a big stack of twigs :)

Yeah, I would maybe stick a close date on this, not sure when tho'.....a month seems ok :)

People can enter as many names as they wish :)

Back