• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phoenix

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
I first met you when I started volunteering. You were such a beautiful, friendly bunny and I was surprised nobody had wanted you. :cry: I seriously thought about taking you when I lost Ellie but then you got head tilt. I felt so bad because I couldn't take a sick bunny with potential EC in case I endangered Fiver. Even with your lopsided world you were still a darling and loved getting nose rubs from me, you would hop over to the mesh of your hutch to say hello and stick your nose out whilst I was cleaning you out. You were put on a course of panacur and baytril and you were such a good girl and just took everything in your stride. Eventually your head started straightening up and you started looking normal again but I knew you'd always have a slight tilt and it saddened me that this would make people even less likely to give you a loving home.
After a few months of being happy and healthy despite your slight tilt you started acting funny, sitting in your hutch looking uncomfortable and miserable. Your poos started getting soft and your tummy got hard. Several vet trips did nothing for you, incompetent vets stuck you on baytril and refused to give you pain relief. I finally got hold of a decent vet in the area and Erika took you to her. She immediately said you were a very sick bunny, which I had known all along. She got scans done of you (FINALLY) and determined that the EC had never left you and had ravaged your internal organs. :cry: :cry: :cry:
The best option was to let you pass peacefully and end the suffering. I was so sad that the other vets wouldn't help you even though there was probably not much that could have been done. I'm so sorry that you had to die before knowing what it was like to be truly loved and have a place to call home. :cry: :cry:

P1020906.jpg

You deserved so much more. :cry:

R.I.P. Phoenix. You may never have got your forever home, but that doesn't mean you weren't very much loved. Vegan_Bunny's post proves this. Go find my Dish, she will look after you now. Just don't try to eat her carrots, or she will lick you to death!

I cleaned her hutch out for the last time today. It was so sad knowing that I'd never get to see her happy little face. :cry:

Thank you tasteofchaos, it's so unfair though. :cry:

Such a sad story- it's always awful to hear of animals passing away in rescues, not having been part of a family :(

From your post though, you can see that Phoenix was truly loved- I'm sure she knew this (((hugs))).

Sleep tight, Phoenix- you were so beautiful and will be sadly missed :love: xXx

Thank you everybody. I am just so sorry that I couldn't give her the home she so deserved. :cry: It wasn't her fault she got EC but I couldn't risk Fiver and I couldn't deal with another potential dental bunny after losing Ellie during a dental and she was more likely to develop dental issues due to her head tilt.

I feel so guilty that I didn't do more for her.

Poor little Phoenix, binky forever little one.

It is very clear that you loved Phoenix and I am sure that she knew that you loved her too. xx

im so sorry. binky free little phoenix. im trying my best to keep the tears from falling after reading this. xxx

Back