• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rebonding should i break them up as i have to pop out? and update on timon

hayley2126

Warren Scout
hey all

Timon is now eating pretty much like normal and drinking :love::love: His brother pumba has not stoped grooming him since he returned and flopping with with him. They have never groomed so much infact if i ws timon i think i would have had enough of the love by now but he seems to be lapping it up :lol: I so pleased as i really did panic we might loose him.

I take my hat of to those with a lot of buns and rescues and i am now like a walking zombie after a couple of nights sleeping with them or not sleeping and watching them sleep (the things we do for buns huh?)

Right the question. Whilst pumba has welcomed him back Simba was not so keen and lunged at him a couple of times when he returned.
Yesturday again a couple of times more like chasing then lunging though and i always stepped in with just a firm no and a clap which was enough then he would go over and groom him.

I have now put them in a little cage one of those indoor things which is I no is not big enough for 3 buns and i hate seeing them cooped up as they normally free range but am trying to keep them close together. I took them up with me to bed in this to put them in a neautral place and they have been fine. Simba looks a little sorry for himself as he is the most active and i think he just wants to run around

I have got new flooring for there larger indoor inclosure and have washed everything in water and vinger and their smaller cage is now facing this in the hope that simba will be more open to sharing his space again. I have to pop out wish i didn't. Do i keep them in the small cage as they have been fine for the last 12 hours 18 really if you count before they went in there. Or do i take simba out and let him have a run round but then this might mean its his place again. Do i let timon out or do i just keep them all in the small cage? I really think they are fine now in the small one as its not theirs I would not put them back in theres all together till i can watch them. Ill be gone for half hour 45 minutes but i know it only takes seconds.

Id never split them up during bonding! Leave them where they are, is there no one who can pop in for a bit? or do whatever it is you need to do?

thank you for the response

unfortunatley not I have an appointment that i have to go to and I have moved 85 miles away from where i use to live :( so i do not know anyone here other than one person who is at work did try her. OH has had to go to work but thankfully i had monday and today off and he has tomorrow then the OH mum is over for 4 weeks from amreica so whilst she will not be in all the time i am hoping she can stay in thurs and fri.

hey all got back a while ago now and they were all fine just flopped as if to say oh did you go somewhere think they appreicated a little time out of the eyes of humans:) thank you for the advice guys x

Back