• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Extreme Pooping & Dribbles

Romy

Young Bun
Hi

My 5 month old female mini lop has started lifting her tail and constantly pooping everywhere.

She is litter trained but keeps leaving dribbles of urine and piles of poop when she comes over to see us.

Is this hormonal behaviour? If so is now the right time to get her spayed or wait until she's 6 months?

Thanks

Yup, sounds hormonal. Have a chat with your vet for when to have it done, some like to leave it until six months, some will do it slightly earlier.

Thanks Elena.

Never had a rabbit before and wasn't sure if the excessive poops was a hormonal sign.

At the vets on Thursday for another jag so will see what she thinks.

My female 5 month old has recently started spraying. Very annoying but if you can wait til 6 months then she's bigger and my vet said they prefer to wait.

Not sure about the pooping though! Is it normal poos or diarrhoea like?

It's normal poops just a lot of them! As soon as the tail goes up they come flying out :shock:

I would say she does about 50 of them a night and not spraying, just little dribbles of urine.

It's crazy to see the change in her overnight

Little dribbles can still be marking. Nutmeg marks by doing one big wee in the doorway :roll: you might find she's getting excited to see you, hormonally driven, and doing lots of poos in response to that and so they are all in one area, probably near you!

I think you're right about the excitement Elena.

There doesn't seem to be as much when she's alone but as soon as we go over to play with her they start shooting out. Getting a bit worried as her bottom looks quite dirty now with the constant peeing and pooping. Looks even worse as she has a white coat.

Going to the vets tonight so will see what they suggest about spaying

Back