• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RIP Hazel

Charlotte Seaney

Warren Scout
I lost my beautiful my girl yesterday morning at the age of 1, I'm heartbroken. I woke up yesterday morning to let them both out, Hazel was in her liter not wanting to move, I pick her and straight away I knew something was wrong as she has never like being picked up! I sat her on my lap for a bit then went to put her in her cage so I could get dressed she wet herself as I picked up again, I rushed her straight down the vets. The vet said she had probably got a tumor on her brain for her to go from being fine one day to not being able to stand the next, he said the kindest thing was to put her to sleep. I'm now worried about how my male is going to cope without her

Oh no, how utterly tragic :cry: At such a young age too. Life is unfair :cry: As for her partner, I think it's just a matter of monitoring him and seeing how he copes. It's very individual, some rabbits cope just fine while others get really depressed on their own. Sending vibes for him and hugs for you xxx Binky free Hazel.

I know how you are feeling, in the space of 4 hours my 3 year old went from being fine, to having a fit on the way back to the emergency vets and going to the bridge. The vets also suspected neurological problems with her too, she had no signs beforehand. Loosing them suddenly is the worst. Give your boy lots of attention, he will keep your spirits up. RIP Hazel, go find my Dishie-do. She will take care of you now. (Be warned, she loves licking...)

terrible news, I'm so sorry :cry: It does seem so much worse when their young. Give your other bunny extra attention and cuddles :love:

Thank you all for your love and support. Alfie seems to be doing just fine on his own in fact his taken a liking to the cat lol! RIP Hazel we love and miss you so much xxxxxx

Back