• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Violet - my own velveteen rabbit

batmobile

Mama Doe
So today my special girl who has touched many other hearts passed away. She even took the decision out of my hands and went peacefully at home, with her husbun beside her. I had just decided tomorrow was the day to let her go at the vet's and had wept quietly on and off at work, only to discover she beat us to it. Her heart was weak and her lungs were blocked but she only started to really struggle at the end. Words can't express how much I will miss this bunny, entrusted to me by someone who means a lot to me, and to whom Violet meant a lot. Violet is the only one who used to bow her head expectantly for a noserub from me and allow me to pick her up for a cuddle. She never struggled, never bit me and never tried to run away. She was a minx with other rabbits, a hard bond with Ollie, her mate, but once they were bonded, they were inseparable. Me being me, whilst I am heartbroken, I want him to find another friend as soon as possible. Human emotions aside, Violet looked after him and would not want him to be lonely. As for me, as long as you take your fluffy feet and your greedy guts, your giant ears and your affection to somewhere away from pain and suffering, and were happy at what I could give you, then I'll forgive you for going. My heart might be sore, but I am eternally grateful to have had somebun like you. :love:

img_1236.jpg

A few years ago - snow!

img+5480

Last year

img_1247.jpg

My favourite picture of her ever. 'Me feetsies is cold'. :)
RIP big bundle of purple fluff. Mummy loves you.

A lovely tribute to a very special rabbit Jo :love:
As I posted on FB
So strange how some animals just stand out as special, find a place in your heart and stay there. A very special Honeybunny, Violet, passed away today..to some she was "just a rabbit ", but all those who met her knew she was so much more than that.
thank you Jo for adopting her and giving her such a wonderful home.
Binky free beautiful girl, your shadow will stay with us all for a very long time xxxxx

Such a beautiful girl. I'm so sorry you've lost her but glad she went on her terms, at home with her husbun beside her.
Binky free Violet xx

What a beautiful girl. Now being a 'Real' rabbit up with all the bunny angels.

Sleep tight x

Jo, I am crying reading that. She was very lucky to have such a caring Mum. She was absolutely stunning:love:. Thinking of you and Ollie xxx

In tears again :cry:

Beautiful heart felt tribute for a very special & beautiful rabbit. I feel honoured to have met Violet briefly. She was stunning and it was instantly clear to me how much you adored each other.

I know how upset you are right now Jo and how much your heart will be aching for her. Try and take comfort knowing that you gave her a wonderful life and in return she allowed you to be part of hers. Rainbow bridge is an extra special place with Violet there xxxx

just to let you know Violet that your hubby is missing you so we will be finding him a new wife..so can you watch over us and help him to behave xx ( and ask mummy to check her messages on FB !:D)

Back