• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Rescue: URGENT APPEAL! Rescue space needed for 40 rabbits!

Rescue in Derby due to close. 40 rabbits WILL be PTS this Saturday if rescue space not found. We can only squeeze in a couple. Can any rescues help?

UPDATE - now 29 left.

Last edited:
According to reliable info and her own posts on Fb and elsewhere it seems she is a byb who has been reported for the conditions at her "rescue" before
she breeds from the animals she has handed in..she does not neuter, vacs or homecheck..she just sells 2nd animals..not just rabbits and calls herself a rescue to get stock and sell it..awful situation but taking the rabbits from her may only mean she has space to take in others..would be better that she is shut down by the correct authorities

Last edited:
Not likely that the RSPCA will have chance to get out there, a rescue is co-ordinating removing all the rabbits from them now, but the rescue co-ordinating do seem to be quite good, insisting they only go to rescues that homecheck, vaccinate and neuter and they are arranging for transport runs too.

It's not ideal to not have them prosecuted but at least these buns look like they are going to get out I guess. Besides the RSPCA would have to prove they have done it before and it's not illegal to breed buns so I suspect the only way the RSPCA could go is to say that she was fraudulently using their name.

Right if it's andrea at RACR then that is a good rescue..just hope after all her work the woman doesn't just re appear again..she has done this before evidently..and re stock

Like I said in the other thread I think everything needs to be removed. Every rabbit, not leaving her a few that she can deal with (i.e. breed from) and all the hutches to be destroyed.
Or she will start again and a good rescue will be full of her unwanted stock. :?

It looks like they are taking all the hutches and rabbits out of there from what's being said at the min so if she does decide to do it again in the future she would have to start from scratch.

Back