• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dora is not a well bunny/She has gone p130/ PM results p137

I used to crush Santa's tablets and mix them with a little echinacea and water, she loved the taste of the echinacea so would just lap it from the syringe.

Hope you manage to get Dora's symptoms under control very soon x

I used to crush Santa's tablets and mix them with a little echinacea and water, she loved the taste of the echinacea so would just lap it from the syringe.

Hope you manage to get Dora's symptoms under control very soon x

Thanks Alison, all suggestions welcome. Just hope I don't run out of tablets trying them all! :oops:

Noo is on cisapride in tablet form. I now crush these (she is on a quarter of a tablet twice a day) and mix in with a small amount of apple juice or pineapple juice. She willingly takes this from a syringe. When mixed in water she was just letting it dribble from her mouth. I hope Dora responds to the new med.

Dora has been on her meds for nearly 2 weeks now and there has been no improvement at all. She is still mouth breathing on and off and last night she looked really bad. Thankfully she seemed back to usual this morning so she is booked in for a check up on wednesday morning :(

I'm sorry Dora's still no better. :( Did you find a fool-proof way of getting the tablets down her? How is Herman today btw. :love:

I'm sorry Dora's still no better. :( Did you find a fool-proof way of getting the tablets down her? How is Herman today btw. :love:

We went with crushing them, adding them to water and syringing them in. It works well but is not nice for her which is why we tried so hard to find a way of her getting them and her thinking it was a treat.

Hermans doing good :)

Dexter went in for more x-rays today as his lungs are still bad and he stopped breathing under the GA and we nearly lost him. After all that they still didn't show anything :roll: :( So we have just been discussing putting him on steroids :?

heather is also going to the vets with Dora as she still isn;t eating right after her dental last monday so I want to get her mouth abscess checked :(

Lacey has decided that now they have more space she doesn't like Rosie-pippin moving because she has poor eyesight so started attacking her so I got to sleep at 4.30am this morning.

So its all going pretty well!!

Oh no, that's quite a list of woes Liz. :( I'm glad Herman is doing well at least, thinking of all the other bunnies who aren't so good. x

Oh no, that's quite a list of woes Liz. :( I'm glad Herman is doing well at least, thinking of all the other bunnies who aren't so good. x

Seems like the list may be getting bigger, just had a very upset man on the phone about his sick 9 year old bunny. He has lost his job and can't afford a vet so wants to bring bunny to us. Our vet bill is already at £1500 this month but he was so upset what could I say.........................

Seems like the list may be getting bigger, just had a very upset man on the phone about his sick 9 year old bunny. He has lost his job and can't afford a vet so wants to bring bunny to us. Our vet bill is already at £1500 this month but he was so upset what could I say.........................

Best of luck with the prospective new bunny. xxx

:cry::cry: Poor bunny.

Just had another phone call, following our previous conversation he decided to take her to the vets after all and she has sadly been pts :cry: Bless her heart she had massive tumours in her stomach and liver.

I am guessing that she wasn't neutered but I never asked. He was very apologetic for messing me around but I just said that I understood he was just trying to do the best for her and we both agreed that it was better that she went there and then rather than go through a journey to us tonight only for, us as strangers, to have to pts tomorrow :(

Binky free Olive, have fun at the bridge xx

The vet agreed that Dora has not improved on her heart meds :(

As a last resort she has been given a short acting steroid. If it helps there will be some improvement in the next 48 hours and if it does help she can have a longer acting one. However if it doesn't then we are running out of options :cry::cry:

It is all so sad as she has become the friendliest bunny and never complains about all the medication I have to give her :(

oh and Heather's abscess hasn't improved either :cry:

I'm sorry that you have not had more positive news. I have my fingers crossed that the new med help Dora. Nose rubs for Heather too. xx;)

Back