• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bertie

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Bertie you will never know how you and Miss Pebbles changed my life forever!!

I joined RU in 2008 when I needed some quick advice on 2 bunnies that had been bought from a back yard breeder by a friend for another friend.. bit confusing! They were underfed, had a bad case of mites AND little Miss Pebbles had a nasty scabbed bite mark :( The bunnies spent several weeks in my kitchen while they went for several vet visits and we gradually brought them back to good health all thanks to wonderful advice provided by RU!

Bertie was the gentlest of souls, a big softy, very docile and was quite happy to be picked up and have cuddles… I fell in love :love: Miss Pebbles was tiny and relied on her Bertie for safety and reassurance. I fell head over heels in love with them even though Bertie munched all the bottoms of the doors in my kitchen :lol:

The day came when they were to head off to their forever home; I was devastated and sobbed my heart out! Less than a month later I had my very own Dudley & Daisy.

I have never forgotten Bertie and Miss Pebbles who were renamed as Toffee & Star and occasionally I had snippets of news on how they were doing. Last year Miss Pebbles became poorly with EC but made a good recovery! During that time I had my one and only chance to see them when I went with another friend to help give some medicine and feed them while their owners were away. That was the last time I saw them. I received news from a friend on Sunday morning that very sadly Bertie had passed away :cry: Apparently he had been acting ‘strange’ on Friday night. He was taken to the vet, but in the absence of any other symptoms the vet could do nothing. Bertie passed away in his sleep, binky free gorgeous little man, I will never ever forget you, sweet dreams x

Bertie1.jpg

Bertie2.jpg

In my kitchen!
Bertie3.jpg

Bertie5.jpg

Bertie & Miss Pebbles
Bertie4.jpg

Binky Free Bertie Little Man In The Lush Green Grass Over Rainbow Bridge

Thank you all for your kind posts. I keep looking at my munched cupboards and thinking of him and wondering how Miss Pebbles is coping without him as she adored him.

Back