• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello everyone!

Hello! I'd like to introduce myself,
My names Rannia and I've always been obsessed over bunnies! I've had them as pets all my life (including taking my cats and rabbit with me to university!) I could just never be without them.
You may have noticed my handle name 'Tudor Hutch Boarding', well that's why I'm here! I've decided to start small pet boarding from my own home in Maidenhead, Berkshire. I've had a lot of bad luck in finding work since moving here to live with my boyfriend.
I already have my beautiful Mini Rex, so I thought with all the care and attention he gets everyday why not extend that to taking care of other peoplespets while they are away!

It's not a venture i'm taking on lightly, I'm currently having some 5x2x2ft custom hutches made for me (by my step dad) which will be housed in my 'custom built shed'. I hope to provide my boarders with all the comforts of home, plenty of cuddles and hay! As well as an 8ft garden run, to stretch their legs and binky to their hearts content.

I've had a wealth of experience in animal care, having worked as a veterinary assistant for several years so I hope that people will feel more comfortable with leaving there beloved pets with me.
I also board Guinea-pigs, Rats, Mice, Hamsters, Gerbils and any other rodents!

I hope to become apart of the community here on Rabbits United, and continue to learn from others how best to take care of our lovely bunny friends, as well share some stories and pictures of what I hope to make of my future 'Tudor Hutch Small Pet Boarding'.
Thank you x

Some photo's of My bunny's home and him of course!
BunnyHouse.jpg

peekaboo.jpg

Welcome to the forum :D

I think you could do very well as someone with veterinary experience, I know I'd find that very reassuring when leaving my rabbits in someone else's care. However most people on here would want an absolute minimum of a 6x2 hutch when boarding their rabbits and preferably an attached run. Would it be too late to get your step dad to make the hutches a little bigger?

Your rabbits house is beautiful - did your step dad make it for you? What sort of size is it? and does it have more windows on the back or an attached run?

Ooooh!! Love Bun and Buns house!!

Welcome to the forum, Best of Luck with your venture....xxx

Welcome to the forum :D

I think you could do very well as someone with veterinary experience, I know I'd find that very reassuring when leaving my rabbits in someone else's care. However most people on here would want an absolute minimum of a 6x2 hutch when boarding their rabbits and preferably an attached run. Would it be too late to get your step dad to make the hutches a little bigger?

Your rabbits house is beautiful - did your step dad make it for you? What sort of size is it? and does it have more windows on the back or an attached run?

Thanks for the welcome!
That's a little disconcerting to hear about the hutches not being big enough, unfortunately they are being made to take up all the available space I have, i'll have to see if anything can be done! As for the outdoor space I would only be able to provide allocated time slots for each rabbit. It's not ideal, but keeping in mind it's for housing rabbits for short stays.
At first I was a little hesitant to allow the rabbits on the lawn as it will be impossible to 'disinfect' the area after each use, but my research of other boarders shows they do allow them.

I'm defiantly interested in hearing more suggestions anyone might have for improving / adding to my boarding facilities!

As for my bunny's house, yes my step dad built it. It's truly amazing! It's 3 floors, around 6ft high, 5ft wide. the ground floor is bunnies bathroom, his litter box. The middle floor his bedroom - filled to the ceiling with straw and hay (he's made a little nest), and the top floor is his dinning / play room, filled with hay and chewables! Oh it also has lighting and loft insulation!!.. almost forgot to add he currently has free run of the whole garden everyday, but once I start taking on boarders I will be building him a run attached to his house.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome!
That's a little disconcerting to hear about the hutches not being big enough, unfortunately they are being made to take up all the available space I have, i'll have to see if anything can be done! As for the outdoor space I would only be able to provide allocated time slots for each rabbit. It's not ideal, but keeping in mind it's for housing rabbits for short stays.
At first I was a little hesitant to allow the rabbits on the lawn as it will be impossible to 'disinfect' the area after each use, but my research of other boarders shows they do allow them.

I'm defiantly interested in hearing more suggestions anyone might have for improving / adding to my boarding facilities!

As for my bunny's house, yes my step dad built it. It's truly amazing! It's 3 floors, around 6ft high, 5ft wide. the ground floor is bunnies bathroom, his litter box. The middle floor his bedroom - filled to the ceiling with straw and hay (he's made a little nest), and the top floor is his dinning / play room, filled with hay and chewables! Oh it also has lighting and loft insulation!!.. almost forgot to add he currently has free run of the whole garden everyday, but once I start taking on boarders I will be building him a run attached to his house.

OH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When can I move in with Bun??

Thanks for the welcome!
I'm sure if people aren't happy with their buns going on the grass they can tell you. :)
What about making the hutches 3ft deep instead of 2? Then they'd be larger than a 6x2 hutch. Or would that mean you couldn't get in the shed beside them? Either way, like you say it's for short stays so hopefully people won't be put off.

Amazing! Does he build things professionally then? I imagine things like your hutch would sell for a fortune!

I'm sure if people aren't happy with their buns going on the grass they can tell you. :)
What about making the hutches 3ft deep instead of 2? Then they'd be larger than a 6x2 hutch. Or would that mean you couldn't get in the shed beside them? Either way, like you say it's for short stays so hopefully people won't be put off.
Amazing! Does he build things professionally then? I imagine things like your hutch would sell for a fortune!

In a blind panic I actually called my step dad to find out if the hutches could be made bigger lol. We may be able to fit on an extra 2ft to the length of each hutch! Defiantly not the depth, like you said it would make the shed very cosy.
Unbelievably he doesn't make the hutches for a living, it's just a hobby! Bless him, it does take him a long time to build everything but it's always worth the wait.

Hello and welcome

I'm not too far from you in Windlesham.

Love your tudor house - I wish I had room in our garden for something like that.

I'm "The Rabbit Crossing" which is a rescue if you ever get any boarding clients looking for a bunny to partner up with a single, I offer boarding too to support our rescue, so if you ever fancy picking my brains, feel free. This is me https://www.facebook.com/TheRabbitCrossing

Good luck with your venture.

Helen

I'm "The Rabbit Crossing" which is a rescue if you ever get any boarding clients looking for a bunny to partner up with a single, I offer boarding too to support our rescue, so if you ever fancy picking my brains, feel free. This is me https://www.facebook.com/TheRabbitCrossing

Hello Helen!
Thanks for the offer to pick your brains, it sounds painful but I'm diffidently going to take you up on it! And I'm most diffidently going to keep you in mind if anyone asks me about rabbit adoption, personally I'm strongly opposed to breeders and 'buying' a pet when there are so many looking for homes.
Would it be OK for me to PM you? Best Wishes

Wow your bunny house is AMAZING!! And your bunny is adorable too :D

On a separate note, I live in High Wycombe and went to school in Marlow! I'm moving to Maidenhead for June, July and August though to live with my boyfriend. Just thought it was a strange coincidence, not seen anyone on here who lives around this area! Have you always lived in Maidenhead or just recently moved there?

Hello Helen!
Thanks for the offer to pick your brains, it sounds painful but I'm diffidently going to take you up on it! And I'm most diffidently going to keep you in mind if anyone asks me about rabbit adoption, personally I'm strongly opposed to breeders and 'buying' a pet when there are so many looking for homes.
Would it be OK for me to PM you? Best Wishes

Hi

I don't use PM's on here and have it switched off - not on here very much these days as I found myself sitting far too long doing nothing constructive :oops: but feel free to message me via facebook or via e-mail therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk

Happy to share any knowledge or lack of! LOL

Wow your bunny house is AMAZING!! And your bunny is adorable too :D

On a separate note, I live in High Wycombe and went to school in Marlow! I'm moving to Maidenhead for June, July and August though to live with my boyfriend. Just thought it was a strange coincidence, not seen anyone on here who lives around this area! Have you always lived in Maidenhead or just recently moved there?

Hello Funny Bunny!

I've been living in Maidenhead about 3 years now. Like you I moved here to live with my boyfriend, before that I lived in London all my life (I hated it!!) Big cities are grim and Maidenheads just the right size for me, everything's lovely and convenient, not to mention great shopping in Reading which is only a 20 minute train journey away! Were not clubbers or pubbers, more home bodies (computer nerds) so I can't really comment on the nightlife.
Always great to hear from someone local! x

Back