Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: spay questions...

Default spay questions...

I will be getting Lily Bun spayed during the easter break as I will be off for 2 Weeks can keep a close eye on her

Question 1- Will her bonded partner Flopsy have to go to the vets with her?

Question 2- Shall I keep them in overnight or for a few days? -........ they normally live in the shed

Question 3- when can she go outside again?....... they have cat flaps on the shed and can go in and out during the day into large runs.

Many thanks in advance

I don't have a girl rabbit, but from what I've read on here it is generally recommended that a bonded attend the vet together. Otherwise the rabbit who has been at the vet will smell different and the bond might run into trouble.

I'm not sure about the staying indoors time, but given that they live in a shed rather than just a hutch I would - assuming Lily recovers well - be inclined to have them back to normal fairly quickly.

I think there is a section on neutering in 'Rabbit Care Reference Section.' If you haven't already looked at it you might get some useful tips there.

thank you so much susie bun I have had Bella spayed but never had a bunnie spayed from a bonded pair if that makes sense

Don't think it would be good for her to be going in and out of the cat flap in case she catches her wound I think Lily and Flopsy have a 2 tier hutch in their part of the shed don't they? So I think that would have to be closed off up the ramp too. And nothing to jump on or in that she could hurt herself you probably already know this from Bella but thought I'd mention it

And good look Lily!

Quote Originally Posted by Aly&Poppy<3 View Post
    Don't think it would be good for her to be going in and out of the cat flap in case she catches her wound I think Lily and Flopsy have a 2 tier hutch in their part of the shed don't they? So I think that would have to be closed off up the ramp too. And nothing to jump on or in that she could hurt herself you probably already know this from Bella but thought I'd mention it

And good look Lily!
    I will wedge the flap open and lay a towel over the plastic and I will block the upstairs level off, they'll still have the bottom level and the shed floor level

Hi when I had my Violet Spayed I had to take both bunnys to the vets then when she came home the vet told me to keep her inside an keep her warm till her wound healed I kept them both indoors about 5 days till her tummy was better

In Memory Of My Gorgeous Bridge Bunnys Scratch,George,Lily,Dudley,And Now My Little Smudge Gone But NEVER Forgotten xxxxxxxx

She's being spayed tomorrow!!! ahhhhhh

Question 1- Will her bonded partner Flopsy have to go to the vets with her?
    yes i think this would be best. thats what i did with honey and its supposed to help them recover quicker

Question 2- Shall I keep them in overnight or for a few days? -........ they normally live in the shed
    i would and did as she might not be able to regulate temp properly at first-also you can keep an eye on her pooing and eating

Question 3- when can she go outside again?....... they have cat flaps on the shed and can go in and out during the day into large runs.
    not entirely sure but i was told to make sure she cant jump on things or have any toys that could make her exhurt herself for 1-2 weeks. someone else will probably know more

all the best!
    oh and make sure she gets pain relief and have loads of temting foods

Good luck!!!!