• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dusty our lovely liitle hamster

Dusty our lovely little hamster was helped to Rainbow Bridge today after battling the last few weeks with illness - probably cancer related.

Dusty and his brother Brenin came from Alice at Windwhistle Warren two years ago from the 'Ledbury petshop rescue' - I'm sure some RUers will remember that RU adventure!

Dusty was the smallest of the litter of hammies but stole our hearts with his big eyes and gentle nature. He was always gentle, playful, funny, loved a cwtch and was very much loved. It's amazing how someone so small can give so much.

The last few weeks have been tough and despite various treatment it wasn't to be, he appeared better then dipped again, the last couple of days have been hard but despite it all he has remained active, gentle and loving - what an amazing little man.

Today we knew it was time and as I carried you in to the room where you would be helped to The Bridge I stopped briefly at the window to let the sun shine on you one last time. You yourself were a little ray of sunshine, always happy, always loving and always loved.

Rest easy at The Bridge little boy, we love you xx

I am so sorry for your loss. It sounds like Dusty had a lovely life with you and was very much loved.

Sleep tight Dusty xx

Back