• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reginalis the mutt

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
Today my brother had my family dog put to sleep.
I'm heartbroken and equally sad, angry and relieved.
I loved that dog with all my heart, and had been trying to get him from my brother since I moved out over a year ago.
My brother never took very good care of him, and then his girlfriend moved in with her dog. The two dogs didn't get along so reg was always shut away from them and the gf's dog. He never went for walks unless I went up there when I knew they were out and took him, his claws were really long, and again I only managed to clip them when I knew my brother and his gf were out. He was seriously overweight until recently which only exacerbated his problems.
They decided last week he was in too much pain to carry on. I went up there the other night to see him for the first time in a while and after he calmed down and stopped running around me he spend all night lying by my side doing his version of purring because he was so happy. I know that dog loved me as much as I loved him. He may have been old, and was developing problems, but he didn't need to be pts this soon and I really feel would have improved with proper care, exercise, etc. The only consolation I feel is that he didn't have to put up with any more time being ignored and neglected in that household. :cry:

I'm so sorry that I let him down. It's only now that it's too late I realise I should have just taken him and accepted the consequences. I'll never forgive myself for this. :cry:

20643_320669539362_510329362_4667600_6427867_n.jpg

67505_489415009362_510329362_6985278_4784759_n.jpg

69311_489415099362_510329362_6985280_7216748_n.jpg

I'm so sorry. It must feel so heartbreaking for you.
What beautiful photos of him.
Run free Reg xx

Aww blessThis brought tears to my eyes :cry:
He's such a handsome lad
I understand how hard this is for you but at least he is at peace now x

Goodnight Reginalis R.I.P
Don't get up to too much mischief xx

Bless him what a beautiful boy he was. You have lovely photos of him to remember him by. Try not to beat yourself up you can't change things now.

Back