• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how many

tawny2203

Young Bun
how many rabbits could you keep in a 8ft x 4ft shed with attached run?

if i was to build an 18ft run to give rabbits some out door exercise how many could i use it for at a time?

Last edited:
well, im going to have 4 in 7x3, so I would say confortably 4, max 5, but thats a guess, as im not to good at working out things x

you could have several rabbits, since an 18 ft run is huge. 120 sq ft (a 10x12 room for instance) can comfortably house 5-6 rabbits.

well, im going to have 4 in 7x3, so I would say confortably 4, max 5, but thats a guess, as im not to good at working out things x

Are you sure 7x3 is enough for 4 rabbits ?
That's a foot longer and a foot wider than a 6x2 ft hutch - which can only house up to 2 rabbits.

Depends on how wide that run is. :)

Is the shed going to be attached to this 18ft run and how much time will they get in it?

I hope I'm not sounding rude :(

Will the run be attached permanently ?

no, as its on the patio and mum won't have it their all the time and blah blah, tho they will be able to hop around the whole patio when supervised!

its the biggest I can have!! and I've had to fight :censored: for it! and dad is still not happy with it, but tough! its bigger than what I would be allowed if I didn't have them as a quad!

no, as its on the patio and mum won't have it their all the time and blah blah, tho they will be able to hop around the whole patio when supervised!

its the biggest I can have!! and I've had to fight :censored: for it! and dad is still not happy with it, but tough! its bigger than what I would be allowed if I didn't have them as a quad!

In your opinion is a 7x3 ft kennel big enough for 4 rabbits? Even with a level inside ?

When you're not there to let them free range whilst supervising, aren't they going to still be in a 7x3 kennel, with shelves?

I understand your frustration with your parents :(

Are you sure 7x3 is enough for 4 rabbits ?
That's a foot longer and a foot wider than a 6x2 ft hutch - which can only house up to 2 rabbits.

A 6x2 hutch is 12 square feet. A 7x3ft shed is 21 square feet...almost twice the size. If emmiiee has had to fight hard for that sized shed then tbh, I think she's doing well. Plenty of buns haven't got any where near this size. As emmiiee lives with her parents, it can be a bit of a nightmare but in all honesty, 7x3 for a quad is suitable enough.

Space isn't everything and I think people on here sometimes forget that. Rabbits need much more than just space ;)

A 6x2 hutch is 12 square feet. A 7x3ft shed is 21 square feet...almost twice the size. If emmiiee has had to fight hard for that sized shed then tbh, I think she's doing well. Plenty of buns haven't got any where near this size. As emmiiee lives with her parents, it can be a bit of a nightmare but in all honesty, 7x3 for a quad is suitable enough.

Space isn't everything and I think people on here sometimes forget that. Rabbits need much more than just space ;)

Thank you :)

ideally I'd have a hugeeee kennel, but I can't as parents don't want their garden covered in kennels etc And my siblings need room to run around and play!

If I don't get a kennel they will have to stay as all single buns living in 4ft doubles! which is not what I want! Atleast with a kennel they can jumps, binky, and run around more x

In your opinion is a 7x3 ft kennel big enough for 4 rabbits? Even with a level inside ?

When you're not there to let them free range whilst supervising, aren't they going to still be in a 7x3 kennel, with shelves?

I understand your frustration with your parents :(

yea! it is! more space than most people with rabbits have got!

how big will the attached run be?
If you're thinking of rescuing buns it's probably best to get in touch with local rescues and see what they think of your proposed set up :)

logically I suppose we'd say 4 or 5 buns in an 8x4 shed, if it's 2 buns to a 6x2 hutch? And you'd need a roughly 6x8 run attached?

Personally I'd rather have a smaller number of buns and give them plenty of space than think of the maximum number of buns I can have.
I also like to have enough space that I *could* add another if I really fell for it. :oops:

Back