• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gretel and Boris - Bonding

Just got my new bunny Boris home and have him and Gretel in the hallway. So far lots of humping (him humping her). He is now really stamping as she has gone into the litter tray and he can't hump her in there, try as he might. Is this normal? Will he get so angry he attacks her?

He will likely be very unsettled and stressed if he literally has just arrived home, so that will come across in his behaviour. You might find if you leave him to settle for a few days he might act differently with her.

If you're going to pursue now, you're just going to need to watch his body language. I can't imagine he would attack her if he can't hump her but he might get desperate and do something silly. Wtahc for his tail flicking around, especially up and down, and his ears flicking too, backwards/downwards.

I wouldn't recommend anyones bonds straight away once a new bunny has arrived (not least to do with quarantining but also letting the bunny settle and not stressing their immune system), but because you have put them together I would just say read their bunny body language and follow what they are telling you they want.

I'm glad he chilled out a bit :)

Oh right, ok. Just trying to do what I did last time as that went without a hitch. This seems ok at the mo. I'm not too worried. Thank you for your help! :D

Back