• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ginger needs your biggest vibes please

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
We had a shockingly bad weekend. About 3am saturday night/sunday morning, we heard some rather heavy and definatively Biscuit stamps. I've never heard stamping like it though, it was forceful. Really forceful. It was enough to wake my wife and I up. I'm 100% certain this was his intention.

So in i come to the bunny room to find Biscuit sitting in a 'defensive' posture next to Ginger. She wasn't moving, but she was there, her nose going ten to the dozen and you could see her chest moving heavily. I was bitten by Biscuit trying to get to her, something he's NEVER EVER done. That's when i realised something was very very wrong. He was defending her.

I managed to get her in the end, upon inspection, she was covered in urine and what i can only describe as dysbiotic poops, very messy. I cleaned her best i could as we called the vets. Off we toddled and Ginger was admitted, with Biscuit by her side.

She's being given fluids, pain relief and having other tests i cant remember. She's currently still there. Apparently she's brighter this morning (as of 6:15am), so..., she's fighting, like always.

I have no idea whats wrong.

Sat here in tears thinking about it.

What's wrong with my Gingey :(

OMG Gray. I'm so sorry :( Poor Ginger :( What an absolute star Biscuit is, an incredible bun and loving husbun to her. You must be so proud of him.

Mega vibes for her, really hope she can beat this and be home with you again very soon.

((hugs))

Oh Gray, I wish there was something I could do. We are all sending vibes that this special girly gets better soon. (HUGS)

It is incredible how clever rabbits are sometimes and thank goodness this time for Ginger's sake. Fingers crossed for some better news soon.

its so sressful and worring when there ill be stong im sure your bun will be fighting whatever is wrong with her,her hubby sounds like a star;)

My fingers are very much crossed.

I find the level of bond that can exist between these animals astonishing and very humbling.

Bless her, sending trillions of 'healing' vibes to Ginger and hoping she is on the mend again soon. xxx How terribly worrying for you.

Back