• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Needed to get Debs2811 Bunnies from(Pyrford, Surrey to Nottingham) ASAP

Just to let everyone know that Petey & emily are now living as a bonded pair. They just went straight together (how i love bonding like that). Petey & emily are going for health checks& to meet my vets on monday.

pollie it was lovely to meet you tonight, we will have to get together again soon when we both have a bit more time.

Awwwww that's fantastic news. :love:

We were watching them nose to nose 'kissing' through the bars of the pen last night and I commented to Paul that I thought you would soon have them as a bonded pair.......I didn't expect it to be this quick though. :love: Wonderful. :love:

:wave: It was lovely to meet you too, Kay!

I didn't post about the bonding because I didn't want to steal your thunder! :lol: They were so cute together, though and I think they'll be grooming each other soon!

There must have been something in the water at Tracy's house! :lol: I keep thinking of that lovely lunch and hoping that maybe they'll give us (you) some vouchers and we can take Linda out again!

Just to let everyone know that Petey & emily are now living as a bonded pair. They just went straight together (how i love bonding like that). Petey & emily are going for health checks& to meet my vets on monday.

pollie it was lovely to meet you tonight, we will have to get together again soon when we both have a bit more time.

awwww thats FANTASTIC!

Brillaint news Kay I bet Debs will be over the moon that they will be snuggling up to each other :love::love::love:

We'll pop a donation to you to kick start their vets account off this week and to say thank you for showing us round the Giants when we came up with Rum and Raison a good few weeks back now. We've been meaning to do so for weeks but just been so busy.You had so much to do that day but took the time to show us around which we really appreciated.

:wave::wave:Bye for now

Wow this is really cheering me up, I wanted emily to have someone and seeing them a few weeks back in the garden here when i snuck them out when the in laws were out for the day I thought Petey would take good care of her :D

I got an update from Kay on Saturday night, I do feel much more optimistic now I know that circumstances being in opur favour with the right accomodation then ill have all my babies back, even out window shopping for a suitable hutch for the happy couple when I can afford it and when we have a place of our own.

Just would really like some photos now?

Hoping they got the all clear at the vets on Monday? Apart from injections in the past none of my bunnies have ever been ill (except Jessie who damaged her eye somhow, but Vet said I had looked after her well and had never seen a rabbit heal so quick...........I did give her daily Reiki sessions which apparently saved her eye! )

Kay didnt tell me she was having Emily spayed though...... I was always worried about having her done as id heard so many stories of rabbits pulling out the stitches or worse not making it through the op:cry:.......I decided to take the chance and not have her done...........people may critisize me for that with cancer being so high risk but I thought the op was a bigger risk in my opinion!:oops:

Anyway whatever Kay decides i know she has my babies best interests at heart

Still missing them......keep looking for their bottles in the kitchen in the evening to go feed them......then I remember their not there!!!!

Anyway im keeping optimistic and now putting all my efforts in to getting a job so we can save a bit to rent somewhere ASAP and my little family can be reunited:D

The op isnt a bigger risk at all, its more that you are likely to hear of the horror stories more because thats what people post, because they are worried - you don't see all the posts from routine spays because often there is no worries and theres nothing to say - if that makes sense. Benjis food aggression (as hilarious as it is! :lol: pulling his bowl!) is all to do with his hormones too and he has been spraying quite a bit - that being said his temperment is so fantastic you wouldnt guess he isnt neutered at all. But erm, when he sprays - you know about it! :lol:

He is being a very good boy though, he is munching on grass in the sunshine as I type - so he is very happy :love: I will try and get some snaps for you soon x

The op isnt a bigger risk at all, its more that you are likely to hear of the horror stories more because thats what people post, because they are worried - you don't see all the posts from routine spays because often there is no worries and theres nothing to say - if that makes sense. Benjis food aggression (as hilarious as it is! :lol: pulling his bowl!) is all to do with his hormones too and he has been spraying quite a bit - that being said his temperment is so fantastic you wouldnt guess he isnt neutered at all. But erm, when he sprays - you know about it! :lol:

He is being a very good boy though, he is munching on grass in the sunshine as I type - so he is very happy :love: I will try and get some snaps for you soon x

So hes snatching his bowl off you too now is he :lol: Soo demanding isnt he:lol: Yeah i didnt neuter him, as Emily just wasnt interested, and as you say his temperament didnt call for it :love:so we left him whole, and yeah hes sprayed me a few times, Petey did it to me too when he was younger before i had him done when I got Jessie (his first bun wife) hope he hasnt chewed any more cardigans for food :lol:

Still waiting on an update from Kay, i know shes busy but slightly worried as she said she took them to the vet on monday and i havnt heard from her since:shock::oops:

Sorry I havent been on much but I have taken a job at my vets as receptionist to help with the rescues vet bills:oops::oops:.

Emily is bossing Petey around, what Emily says petey does:D. Both getting on great eating everything and little monkeys to catch and keep still for a min whilst I take pics. I was lay on the floor last night whilst both decided to go under my chipmonk cage as I was about to take a pic. I'm sure they were just sat as far back as they could laughing at me:lol::lol::lol:

Awww Thats funny, Petey was the dominent bun with his first wife Jess, i guess hes now under Emilys paw LOL I cant imagine Emily being a miss bossy boots but then she was always very demanding with her nose rubs and demanding attention off me and my hubby.

Really looking forward to the pics LOL

Benji is fine, he has been very cheeky this week, I sat making jewellery outside and he was climbing all over me and decided to shred the paper bags :lol: it was very funny!

x

Just to update people that are involved - Me and Debs have had a long discussion regarding Benji and he is going to be looking for a home shortly. We came to this decision partly because he is un neutered and living alone. I'm not going to share her personal situation but unfortunately things have not got better for her in the months I have had him, which means he would be here a long time. Taking into consideration his age, and how friendly he is I just feel what is better for Benji is to have a female bun for company, or be indoors full time with someone who is around all day. I am around all day and hes outside and I still cant give him what he needs.

I adore this bun, and would love so much to keep him as I know that would make Debs happier - and if I cant find him the perfect home he would stay but... I think theres a home out there for him.

This decision wasnt taken lightly but we have tried to take all emotion out of it and put him first. He is fine here while this is going on, I am happy to have him as long as it takes.

I wanted so much to reunite them.

Can we all have a hug for Debbie please, she is being very brave. Like I said, Im not going to discuss her personal scenario, but I am thinking of her because she is a lovely person.

x

:( Thinking of Debbie. It can't have been an easy decision to make, but it's a very brave and selfless one. Good luck with finding Benji a new home. xxx

:( Thinking of Debbie. It can't have been an easy decision to make, but it's a very brave and selfless one. Good luck with finding Benji a new home. xxx

This, on SJ's part as well as Debbie's. It must be so hard for both of you. I hope you manage to find the perfect home for him.

Thank you everyone, its hard because I want more than anything to say "dont worry ill keep him" to help soften the blow, at least then Debbie knows me and knows she can come and visit if she wanted to/felt she could, but it isnt whats best. He is such a lovely bunny, he is so friendly and every day I sit with him, it will be weird if hes not around. :cry:

Back