Thread: Older bunnies

Default Older bunnies

Do larger bunnies often not live as long as smaller bunnies? Roughly how long do you think a dwarf lop would live? I know every rabbit is different

Archie - born October 2010
    Izzy - born July 2009

I think its luck of the draw a lot of the time!

My mini dwarf lop was still lively and ridiculous at 5 years old...he died of an unknown illness, not old age though...

I've just been told my german lop is showing signs of aging now shes 5/6, shes just starting to slow down a bit and has cataracts developing...my vet said she doesnt see many large bunnies past 7years old sadly.

Wise Old Thumper

A dwarf lop is not a big bunny. It's not a tiny bunny but is still considered a larger small bunny. My previous dwarf lops lived to be 7 and 9 respectively.

Giant bunnies do tend to live a shorter life but that is often due to the fact that their heart can't support their size and gives out. They can have a longer life span though and live to be a decent age if they are lucky.
    PLEASE DONíT QUOTE MY POSTS IN ANY THREADS I START. Thank you

Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

dont say that
    Subscibe to Lucy1666 for all types of pet care videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lucy1666