• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Monty

vick

Alpha Buck
Yesterday we lost our wonderful Monty. He had a blockage of foreign matter in his gut and he passed away whilst the vet was trying to put him on a drip. She did all she could to bring him back including mouth to mouth but he was just too weak.

Monty was only with us for 6 months. When Harvey died, our 9 year old Daisy started to go downhill and seemed to be missing the company. We decided she needed someone to spend the rest of her twilight years with and found 4 year old Monty at the RSPCA. It was instant with him, we fell in love with his little face and his character. When he was first introduced to Daisy he was smitten too! After a short settling in period they became inseparable and she taught him to clean her eyes and groom her whenever she commanded! Monty soon came to realise she would never return the favour but he didn't seem to mind! Daisy has been ill recently as she was diagnosed with arthritis and spondylosis but Monty watched over her the whole time and never left her side. Spending time with Monty has given her a new lease of life and a playful glint in her eye that she lost after Harvey died.

We've never owned a rabbit quite like Monty. He ticked all the right boxes and was the perfect rabbit. He was cute, cheeky, affectionate, he ate hay (a first in our house!), he hummed at everything, he binkied and played with his toys - the same toys that all our other rabbits have ignored!

We feel totally robbed. We were looking forward to spending many more years with him, not months but we feel very lucky that we knew him at all. Such a special boy, such a terrible shame.

Binky free Monty montster! x

P1050603-Copy.jpg

P1060166.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, Monty sounded like a very special bunny. :(:( Sleep tight little man. xx

Thank you for the kind words. I'm getting upset watching videos of him I took just two months ago where he's binkying and charging everywhere, full of life. I can't believe he's gone. :cry:

I'm sorry for your loss.:(

Monty sounds so much like Paddy the abandoned bunny we adopted. He also would play with all the toys the others ignored and just seemed so happy all the time. Then, after only eight months, he didn't eat one night and was gone by the next afternoon.:cry:

Binky free Monty.:love:

Back