• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrrrrr girl at work...

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
Walked in yesterday & said "I've got some bunnies for you if you want them"
Me: "no thanks"
Her: "I thought you liked rabbits"
Me: "I do but I have enough"
Her: "Oh right. I may have a problem then"

She went on to explain that her "2 female" buns had a litter of babies. The 8 are doing well, but now they have started attacking the "new ones" that have just been born:roll: 6 she thinks.

Gave her some rough advice, & now Dad has been removed, (so potentially litter 3 in 4 weeks) but seriously, why do people think they are doing me a favour???

I'm off to go sex the 8 in 4 weeks. Hopefully they will be ok with the early weaning.:cry:

Some people :roll: Why do they let it happen in the first place :evil:

She actually admitted that when she first found them she thought that she would give them to me. If she had said something that first week, litter 2 might not have happened.

I weirdly feel less bothered about the babies who will now be crammed into my 4 ft hutch I brought in for her today (She assured me she has a run), & really sorry for Mum-Bun:cry:

Poor little buns
How is poor mummy bun going to look after all those babies!
Why didn't she remove the male sooner!! :evil:

Didn't she think after litter one that one of the rabbits was clearly male and needing removing?
If not that, I would have thought she would have sought your advice as soon as finding the first litter.

I hope that they are all ok, and of course, that poor mum bun is ok x

Grrrr girl at work...

Oh dear:(in four weeks time there will probably be another litter to deal with as well:shock:
Rabbits will mate directly after they have given birth:roll: the new babies will not get fed properly as the bigger (older) babies will push them out of the way when mum is feeding them so they may not survive either:cry: what a horrible situation for you:cry:
I hope the babies somehow manage to live:)

Reminds me of the bunny dumped outside the sanctuary at the end of last year.
The bloke knocked on the window and shouted "lovely rabbit here for you" and cleared off.

Yes, thank you very much. We just needed one more to add to the 125 already abandoned by their owners, particularly one that had a very nasty infection that took a good few weeks of meds and care to rectify. I had no long finished a huge project to put up 6 new big enclosures, and we had just got to the point where every bun had a 6ft hutch and permanent enclosure...

I'm sure he thought he was doing us a favour!

Back