• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Walnut - My Bestfriend, My Inspiration, My Soulmate

wally4eva

Mama Doe
I cannot believe I am having to write this, I'm in tears before I've even started, this just isn't right.:cry:
I've been putting this off, it seems so final, posting this thread, I have been holding on to that tiny last bit of hope, maybe he'll come back, but I know he won't, and I want to show you how much I loved him and how amazing he was, and today felt like the right day. On Tuesday it'll be 2 months since you left us.:cry: I don't know how long this will be, there is so much to say.

Where do I start? I guess from right at the beginning, the first time I saw you and your sister Cranberry on that RSPCA website.
walnut-and-cranberry.jpg

I knew it had to be you, but I never dreamt that I would actually be so lucky to as to have those two little black fluffy bunnies I had seen a picture of online in my garden. We were advised to buy a hutch and run, which I know now are way too small, but we didn't know better, I trusted the RSPCA to get it right. You and your sister came home on the 28th January 2008, we worked out you were born on the 7th October 2007.
You two were the best thing that had ever happened to me, I had finally got my own pets to look after. I was not the best owner in the world, but I loved you. You two would zoom around your run binkying away, that always made me smile.:love:
Rabbits024.jpg

wallyandberry.jpg

Rabbits013.jpg

Rabbits001.jpg

DSC02518.jpg

DSC02425.jpg

DSC02421.jpg

DSC02418.jpg

Sadly we lost Cranberry on the 29th September 2009, I was devastated. I spent less time that I should have with you, I'm sorry for that. You had also been a bit of a feisty boy, but now you really didn't like me much at all. That's were RU came in and pretty much saved me. I was looking for advice on bonding with you again, were I learnt all about bunnies in pairs, proper housing and bonding with you. Everyone here is so amazingly supportive and have so much great advice to give, I am so thankful I found RU.
WalnutEasterPicsandPosing071.jpg

WalnutEasterPicsandPosing050.jpg

WalnutEasterPicsandPosing035.jpg

WalnutEasterPicsandPosing017.jpg

I started to look for a friend for you, but I knew first I had to get you somewhere better to live. First I thought a large hutch a run, then I saw all the amazing sheds and wendy houses on here and new I had to get you one.
So I started saving up, and with lots of help from my parents who I am very grateful to for being so supportive and wanting the best for you too, me and my dad built you a palace.
WalnutsPalace-PicsForPaula008.jpg

WalnutsPalace-PicsForPaula003.jpg

You LOVED it!! You had never had so much space in your life, it made me so happy to see you sprinting around and exploring every inch of your new home.
WalnutNewHouse-FirstTime32.jpg

WalnutNewHouse-FirstTime36.jpg

WalnutNewHouse-FirstTime30.jpg

WalnutNewHouse-FirstTime28.jpg

WalnutNewHouse-FirstTime27.jpg

WalnutNewHouse-FirstTime25.jpg

WalnutNewHouse-FirstTime8.jpg

WalnutNewHouse-FirstTime7.jpg

WalnutExploringandRelaxing046.jpg

WalnutExploringandRelaxing049.jpg

WalnutExploringandRelaxing039.jpg

WalnutExploringandRelaxing020.jpg

WalnutExploringandRelaxing036.jpg

That was when I found Bell, I saw her first on the ARC website and got in touch straight away, she was perfect. We had a homecheck by Gill (gillmanning on here), you were very shy and grumpy and didn't let her touch you at all, not that you ussually let me stroke you either. We passed and off you went to Karen's house to be bonded. You spent a few days there and I really missed you! Karen did an amazing job though and when I saw you next you and Bell were together! You were a bit of a grumpy man as always but you soon settled back down at home again.
WalnutandBell-Firstpics90.jpg

DSC06849.jpg

DSC06769.jpg

DSC06757.jpg

Over the next few weeks the change in you was outstanding. From being a shy, feisty, grumpy bunny, you because a friendly, nosey and all round happy bunny. Because of your new shed I was able to spend much more time with you, we developed a close bond. Bell really helped you to come out of your shell, she helped you to gain tons of confidence.
DSC06501.jpg

DSC06655.jpg

DSC06595.jpg

DSC06457.jpg

DSC06399.jpg

DSC06013.jpg

DSC05960.jpg

DSC05974.jpg

DSC05970.jpg

DSC05936.jpg

DSC05936.jpg

DSC05906.jpg

DSC05349.jpg

DSC05297.jpg

DSC07109.jpg

DSC07105.jpg

DSC07084.jpg

DSC07081.jpg

DSC07129.jpg

Fast forward a few months, because your aviary and shed was so big, me and my mum decided we would like to rescue as many bunnies as we could, so we started looking for two more rabbits in various rescues. I spotted Pepsi and Feebee or Rasputin and Tunes as they were called then. They were singles but the RSPCA decided to bond them. So they were then a pair, they weren't the cutest of bunnies (especially in the pictures on the website, they look so much more gorgeous now!!) so I thought they had less of a chance of being chosen, I wanted them to come to me.
We had a home check, this time you were very friendly! You let the lady from the RSPCA stroke your head and came right up to say hello, I was so proud of you for being so brave!:love:
We passed the home check and went to pick up Pepsi and Feebee, we bonded you four ourselves in the bath!
DSC07452.jpg

DSC07457.jpg

After a VERY stressful few days with hardly any sleep and a smelly bathroom you were a quad! I had four perfect bunnies!!:love:
Good.jpg

P1050448.jpg

P1050985.jpg

P1040817.jpg

P1040578.jpg

P1040489.jpg

P1040485.jpg

P1000658.jpg

P1030240.jpg

P1020914.jpg

P1010891.jpg

IMG_7399.jpg

DSC08789.jpg

DSC07614.jpg

P1000518.jpg

Your Birthday!
DSC08417.jpg

DSC08299.jpg

Christmas!
P1010173.jpg

Life went on a I grew to love you more than I knew was possible, you became so friendly and you trusted me, you don't know how much that meant to me.
I tried a little bit of jumping with you, just for fun, and you took to it really well, you would follow me over the jumps and would always tell me when you had had enough.:love:
DSC08855.jpg

You jumped for Jasper and Harry when they passed away, Sleep Tight gorgeous boys. xxxx
12.jpg

You were just so perfect. When you were that little black bunny that used to run and hide from me and hate to be touched, I had always dreamt of having a cuddly friendly bunny, but you were oh so much better there that. You didn't like cuddles and you didn't always like to be stroked, but you were amazing in your own way, so nosey, so inquisitive, so perfect.:love:
P1050317.jpg

P1040454.jpg

P1040227.jpg

P1030021.jpg

P1020485.jpg

P1020723.jpg

P1010981.jpg

P1010885.jpg

P1010853.jpg

P1040696.jpg

P1010703.jpg

P1040621.jpg

P1070328.jpg

P1070499.jpg

P1070739.jpg

P9290036.jpg

Everyone loved you!
P1070222.jpg

P1070353.jpg

Sadly you had to stay in a smaller shed for a few weeks while we sorted out your new home, which I know you weren't too pleased with. But soon enough you had a new palace! And you loved it! And I loved you.:love:
P1070839.jpg
(don't worry the light was taken out when I left!)
P9300111.jpg

P9300050.jpg

P9300065.jpg

P9300041.jpg

P9300031.jpg

P9300036.jpg

P9300028.jpg

P93000222.jpg

P93000122.jpg

P93000102.jpg

P9300006.jpg

Last edited:
PA280103.jpg

PA290127.jpg

PA300137.jpg

PB270154.jpg

PB270173.jpg

PC020191.jpg

Everything was perfect, life was great, you were so amazing, even thinking about losing you broke my heart.
I noticed you were a little bit skinnier, I had mentioned it to my mum, I was going to book you a vet appointment. Then came the worst evening of my life. You were fine that morning your jolly self, always the first one to say hello. I told you I loved you and left for school, I was out until the evening. I went to give you your pellets. But you didn't come running. I knew straight away something wasn't right, I would feel it. My head was spinning, I was begging it not to real. But there you were, lying still in the corner. It broke my heart. I was devastated. I held onto you for ages that night, begging you to wake up, to please come back, but you didn't. I couldn't believe it, my baby was gone. I cried myself to sleep. I had to go into school the next day with red eyes, but I just couldn't tell anyone what had happened or I knew I would have burst into tears.

We buried you a few days after, so you can go back to the earth, we buried you with a nice paw print blanket, lots of hay, some of your favourite treats and some of Cranberry's fur that I had. It was so hard, I just wanted to hug you forever, I just wanted you to jump up and look at me with that cheeky face wondering what I was doing, but you didn't. There are some pretty flowers above you now and I visit you every night to tell you how much I loved you and miss you.

My gorgeous Wallybum, I can't believe I will never see you again, it hurts so much to think I will never be able to stroke your soft fur or see your cheeky face every morning. I would give anything to see you running towards me one more time.
I love you more than I ever knew was possible, you mean the world to me and no bunny will ever replace the gap you have left in my heart.
I don't know how to put into words how special, amazing, gorgeous and perfect you are. I hope you know how much I love you.
I have the picture book I made of you a while ago under my pillow every night so you are always close to me.:love:

I will never ever forget you. I hope you are having fun at the bridge.
The bond we had was amazing, you were my bestfriend.
IMG_7293.jpg

You taught me so much about everything, I am so so so lucky to have had you in my life, I am grateful for every single second we got to spend together.:love:

I could have written so much more but I can't find the words. There are hundreds more photos that I have of you, but I don't want to break the forum!
This is a video I made as a tribute to my amazing Wally, it has a few more pictures in it:

I love you to infinity and back. You will never ever be forgotten. xxxxxxxxxxxx

My Gorgeous Walnut xxxxxxxxxxxx​
WalnutintheSnow006.jpg

07.10.07 - 14.12.11

:cry: What a lovely tribute to a beautiful bun. Binky free with Cranberry at the bridge Walnut xx
Big hugs to you xx

Lovely tribute to such an amazing bunny :love:

You gave him such a great life, he looked so happy.

Binky free Walnut , have fun at the bridge with cranberry xx

Very beautiful photos for a very special boy.

I am so sorry you lost Wally. He was a very loved bunny with a wonderful life.

Thinking of you. xxx

He was a gorgeous boy and what a fantastic life he had with you. I'm sorry that he is gone and hope he is happy at the bridge xxx

It's clear from your tribute how much you loved Walnut and what a wonderful life he had with you. I'm so sorry you lost him. :cry: Sleep well dear little Wally. xxx

Omg what a beautiful beautiful tribute and what a gorgeous bunny he was and all your others are gorgeous too and their home is gorgeous so so sorry you lost your little fella R.I.P so so sad when we have to lose our little furry friends 

such a beautiful tribute to your special friend. and so much good came from your relationship with him, as more bunnies joined you.

i'm in tears now, but i smiled and even laughed with your beautiful photos, they are so full of bunny joy.

binky free, walnut.

:cry: that was so moving and i am so sorry for your loss :cry:

~back to the earth and onto the bridge. binky free, dance on the rainows and stars~

xxx

Back