Thread: Indoors or outdoors?

Default Indoors or outdoors?

Would oscar be happier indoors or outdoors he seems to prefer being indoors when iv brought him in to explore before. He has a 6x4 shed with a 8x4 aviary run. He is a single bun now and has health problems. My bedrooms only small but he could have the run of the huge kitchen when I'm at home. He's litter trained. My only worry is during the day he's in my room while im at school I think it's about 12/11 by 9 can't remember which. Just wondered which you think is best for him ?

If he is to remain a single Bun I would bring him indoors xx

Reference links for various Rabbit health problems
    http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...ealth-Problems

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Animal Rescue and Care (ARC) SW London
    https://animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    If he is to remain a single Bun I would bring him indoors xx
    Yes he is or at least until he has his op which isn't going to be soon

ive had no experience with buns myself but i do think it would be a bit of a waste taking him out of his lovely shed and run. besides he proberbly enjoys the fresh air and it's more natural for him
    but as he's going to have an op i would prehaps keep him inside so you can keep an eye on him more easily also you can bond and enjoy watching him even more! =)

I'd probably bring him indoors I think, as long as he can have a good amount of space. Your bedroom sounds fine, to put your mind at rest about the size (you seem worried its not big enough) why dont you measure the actual floor space he'll have permenant access to, as in space not covered by furniture. I imagine he will have at least 24sqft of space, so the same as his shed, probably more.

Bear in mind you'll have to properly bunny-proof your room if you want to have him free-range in there 24/7, how much you have to do will depend on whether he's a chewer or not!

Personally, I'd bring him indoors, as he'll get so much more company inside. If/when he is well enough to have his operation and perhaps get a friend, then you could always move him outdoors again if you want, so I'd keep the shed+run anyway, you may want to use it for the daytime when you're at school when its warmer as well.
    Last edited by nessar; 05-02-2012 at 10:24 PM.