Thread: That was too easy...!!

Warren Scout

Default That was too easy...!!

I have to give my bun 1ml Baytril for a suspected internal cyst or abscess in his eye. (anyone any experience of these btw?) But anyway, I've never syringed meds before so faffed round for ages last night coaxing him to eat it mashed in banana. Mostly successful but today bought Ribena and apple juice hoping to put meds in that if he'd drink it...but no, wouldn't go anywhere near.

So in desperation I wrapped it up in a couple of basil leaves ...he chomped em both straight down! I'm now suspicious that he's stashed it somewhere, done some major magic trick cos that was just a piece of cake!! yippee, basil is the way forward. Hope it does the job.
    Last edited by LainiT; 04-02-2012 at 11:08 PM.

Mama Doe

I found the same, and I'm sure it's not a magic trick.

I used to wrestle the poor buns into towels and force syringes into their mouths Basil is so so much better and less stressful for everyone. The buns even enjoy it!!

Warren Scout

Hehe! Maybe I'm just being too suspicious of my bun, sure he's hidden it somewhere to dispose of later when I'm not watching! I'm mightily impressed...its the little things that mean the most sometimes I think!!

well done you for beating him, lol!

Do you have any tricks for eyedrops? When we lift Daisy to put hers in she squeezes her eyes shut!

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by Laura10101 View Post
    Do you have any tricks for eyedrops? When we lift Daisy to put hers in she squeezes her eyes shut!
    haha bless her!! No idea about that but that's very cute!!