• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sleep Sweetly Valerie

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Valerie arrived at the RSPCA as a stray 10 days ago in a bit of a state. She improved initially, but then deteriorated. She was seen by a vet who prescribed Baytril because she didn't know what else to do but thankfully the staff knew that wasn't good so alerted me so I could take her to see my vets.

She was in a horribly low state and saw my vet yesterday. Her liver felt a state and she was exceptionally weak despite the syringe feeding. The staff followed the care instructions overnight but this morning Valerie was not improved.

I took her back to the vets this morning with only two options left.

When I picked her up from the Centre she was as she was yesterday. Knowing that it could be her very last moments I got her out the carry case at the vets. I rarely do this, only on the potentially final appointments, and we know that she was a very people bunny and loved cuddles and strokes. The vet was running late and the more I held her, the the warmer she got (could feel it in your ears), the limper she got. I think she felt safe and warm and comfortable and was letting herself go.

The vet called us in probably with minimal amounts of time left for Valerie. I held the lovely lady as she had her injection and she never moved. I couldn't even tell when her spirit left her body and her body gave up. She was ready.

She was such a beautiful and friendly ittle girl and it's so sad that she was unable to have the lovely forever home that she deserved. I believe she that was another one fo the Thumper/Clover crew because she was a spitting image of them, but instead of a rich chocolate colour, she was a beautiful sandy colour (I guess the 'yellow' of the yellow dutch). I sadly don't have any photos of her.

I also can't help but post this because we all sung it to her and around her and because of her. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OICEc_f88iE

So I say to Valerie that I hope you sleep sweelty darling and are safe and comfortable wherever you are.

I hope your last moments allowed you to know what it feels like to be loved.

Binky Free gorgeous.

x

Last edited:
:cry::cry: Bless you for being there for her in her last moments. Sleep tight Valerie. xx

So very sad. I think she must have felt your love in those last moments of life, that helped ease her to the Bridge

Rest easy Valerie xxxxxxx

You paint such a picture with your words Tracy. She left because she found tenderness and couldn't go on.

Thank godness you were with her.

Another bunny angel gone

Binky free Valerie

Hugs Tracy x

Thank you Duchess. :) I hope that is how she felt. I hope she knew I was there because I loved her, the same way I love them all.

This was the first bunny ever that I didn't get emotional at all when they left, and I think that can only be because it was so clear she was so ready. I can almost picture her charging towards the bridge and sailing over it to the wonderful goodness there.

I can't shake the anxiety that she was actually dead when we went in to see the vet. I don't know why she would be and I'm sure I would have noticed. I think I'm going to have to ask the vet when I next see her, if I see her in the short term future. I think she may have just have been there by a tiny thread. I don't even know why it's bothering me, but it is.

I've been singing 'Valerie' all day. Bless her poor little beautiful socks.

I truly believe that they only let go when they have their 'comfort' around them. She might have just been hanging on by a thread, but she was hanging on waiting because she knew there was a reason. The reason was you - simple.

I've seen it before and I believe it to be true. They know.

She's pain free and loved. x

I truly believe that they only let go when they have their 'comfort' around them. She might have just been hanging on by a thread, but she was hanging on waiting because she knew there was a reason. The reason was you - simple.

I've seen it before and I believe it to be true. They know.

She's pain free and loved. x

Thank you. That means the world. And that did choke me up. :lol: :roll:

Back