• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Black Rabbits

I had no idea bunnies went grey as well. :love: Mona looks very distinguished with her little white ruff.

Poppy....she's so had to photograph, I only ever get a black blob!!

187.jpg

4ad36ab0.jpg

Love this thread. black bunnies :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

My bridge bunny Topsy who was also a feisty but affectionate girl

topsyandoliver008.jpg

More pictures please:D

The wonderful fantastical Mr Guiness (with the loppy lugged Maisy Grey)
mugsandG.jpg

Sadly both binkying at the bridge after spending many happy year digging up my garden. Their legacy was a beautiful burrow under the lawn. Maisy was an ex-breeding doe who lurved G. G had plans for world domination. He too went grey as he got old. Maisy already was! :lol:

I had no idea bunnies went grey as well. :love: Mona looks very distinguished with her little white ruff.

I wonder if it is just the black bunnies that go gray. My Bun Buns (black Netherland Dwarf) lived to over 10 and went gray shortly before passing. Although all the other bunnies I have had have been all white or white and black. My brown hamster went gray before he died. He was 6 1/2.

I think the greying is more noticeable in black/dark brown buns. Its definitely an age thing in rabbits too and with luck Mona will be ten this spring so she is definitely showing her age.
They can also get white ticking due to temperature changes and last summer Mona turned a coppery ginger colour because it was so warm. She has a little white tache in addition to her ruff now :lol:
Mona20thAugust201113.jpg

Bunntoes, Karma was a sweetheart and I loved her white nose too. I used to kiss her there and she's lick me sometimes :love:

A few of my more recent black bunnies. :love::love::love:

Our current and only bunny, black bunny (Gertie) and an imposter (Manson)
028.jpg

Football Gerts
005-2.jpg

And her former man, my gorgeous Bridge Bobbert Bear. He's with his beautiful black bunny sister Bonnie now. :cry:
021.jpg

Little baby Bonnie and Robert (both at the bridge)
005-3.jpg

Bernard, he was the last of several bunnies we had before getting Robert and Bonnie. He was about 7 years old and blind when he came to live with us. He was nine or ten when he had to be helped to the bridge. :cry: A sweet little love. :love:
Bernardbunny.jpg

Back