• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Transport needed West Malling Kent to Cambridge

where exactly are they going to? And is the new carer for them also on the forum? I may be able to help for some of the way.

Hi,
I am wanting to give Harley and Truffles a new home, I live in Sunderland but I'm visiting my sister in Cambridge this weekend (Thursday till Sunday). I am making the drive down to Cambridge and back but it's 4 hours each way so myself and awhite are hoping for some help with getting them as far as Cambridge. My sister lives in Arbury, CB4. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Ali

I can help here:

Could the current owners manage to get the buns and all their gear to a meeting point on the M25? (or a service station nearby?)

and could either old or new owners contribute to my petrol? (I have just paid huge vets bills for two of my own and so although willing to give some time don't have money for petrol).

I can deliver to CB4 or new owners might like to visit my 33 buns in CB5 (about 10 mins from CB4!!)

I prefer to travel in evening when M11/M25 not so busy!

That would be brilliant, I'm not too sure if awhite has access to any transport but I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Of course I would contribute to petrol costs. I would love to come visit your buns (wow 33 you're a saint!)

Timing is entirely up to you, so long as they are with me by 12pm on Sunday ready for me to drive home that would be great.

Thanks so much!

I can help here:

Could the current owners manage to get the buns and all their gear to a meeting point on the M25? (or a service station nearby?)

and could either old or new owners contribute to my petrol? (I have just paid huge vets bills for two of my own and so although willing to give some time don't have money for petrol).

I can deliver to CB4 or new owners might like to visit my 33 buns in CB5 (about 10 mins from CB4!!)

I prefer to travel in evening when M11/M25 not so busy!

Just thought I'd add that the reason I can't go and get them myself even though I drive is because as soon as I have picked them up I would need to go straight home to Sunderland due to my brother in laws allergies the buns couldn't stay in her house (and they are currently house bunnies). So I would have to drive the 1 and a half hour journey to West Malling then the 5 and a half hour journey to Sunderland, which I really think I would struggle to do on my own in one day :(

Ok - we should probably switch to emails now ( I will PM you my email) - as don't want threads clogging up with details. I suspect I will collect them either Friday evening or Saturday evening - I can hold overnight if needs be. I would prefer not to do the last bit from M25 to current owners house as it just gets messy and they will know their way better than I do!! But if they do not have any transport or access to any then I will have to -

Can you alert them and check that they will be in on one of those eves and whether they can get buns to M25/service?

I drove down to Bluewater shopping centre for the swap over - - :shock::shock::shock: Never seen anything like it . . .

OK so I am more at home wading through mud on the allotment or cleaning outs bunny poo . . but never seen so many shops and people shopping!!!

I drove down to Bluewater shopping centre for the swap over - - :shock::shock::shock: Never seen anything like it . . .

OK so I am more at home wading through mud on the allotment or cleaning outs bunny poo . . but never seen so many shops and people shopping!!!

Can't think of too many places that I'd like to go to less to be honest. Give me a charity shop or a garden full of bunnies any day :)

I hope it wasn't too bad an experience! I really can't wait to meet them. If I'd known I was going to be so ill and have to drag my dad down to help with the driving home I would have just collected them myself. I really do appreciate all your help though! It's so kind of you.

Back