• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

shed flooring for buns

Hc1

Mama Doe
at the moment I use newspaper, woodshavings, straw/hay. Am thinking of changing to lino so I can stop using woodshavings. I have the chance of ome spare laminate flooring underlay. I wondered about putting it under the lino for a bit more insulation. Anyone got any experience of this or know whether its safe for buns? I think its called Woodtex and it says this on the website.

COMPOSITION

Woodtex is composed of woodwool impregnated with rapid hardening cement, under pressure, to form building slabs that are light in weight, durable and structurally strong.

I have lino in my bunnies rooms. Just make sure it's the non slip kind to give them more grip and seal the edges so wee can't get down there and they can't lift it up. I wouldn't use laminate, I've heard of it warping when wee gets between the gaps. I know one member, can't remember who, might be The Duchess, uses safety flooring like in hospitals as it has even more grip.

load use non slip lino go for that :thumb:
i use carpet tiles for now warmer for the buns but not the best to clean lol their ok for now :lol:

I'd recommend using Lino and then placing foam mats on top that what I did as Lino gets very cold, you could just use foam mats but I think I'd have taken mine back up in summer as Oscar like to Lie on Lino when it's warm but have to keep it down as its softer and more cushioned for his bad foot
bfeb415a.jpg

This is Oscars at current you can see my white Lino underneath at the front with the black heavy duty foam mats on top (excuse the mess)

Thanks for the advice. Might go for just the lino. Will prob stick with some hay on top as well until it gets a bit warmer :wave:

I have lino in my bunnies rooms. Just make sure it's the non slip kind to give them more grip and seal the edges so wee can't get down there and they can't lift it up. I wouldn't use laminate, I've heard of it warping when wee gets between the gaps. I know one member, can't remember who, might be The Duchess, uses safety flooring like in hospitals as it has even more grip.

^^ quite like this idea....durable and grippy!:p

i have lino but they need stuff on top too so i use straw and hay. You can get it free as an offcut from flooring suppliers normally, if you arent picky on colour it should be easy but you might have to wait a couple of weeks, they just throw offcuts away.

Back