Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Myxomatosis Outbreaks 2012/13/14

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Logamorph View Post
    I have four bunnies and havent had them vaccinated. When I had one bunny I did get her vaccinated but now I have four its quite a cost for all of them. I live in terraced housing so there is no way of a wild bunny being near my bunnies but like people say they can get it from on our clothes etc. Does anyone know if the RSPCA do it at a lesser cost than a normal vets where I could get all four buns done at once?
    http://burton.easipetcare.com/prices

These are near you and offer cheaper vaccinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophied View Post
    Bunnies are expensive! Myxi can be spread through your clothes, shoes, biting insects. I don't know if the RSPCA do it cheaply- I've never heard of it, but my vets do a 2 discount for the second rabbit.

I think you really need to get them done :-s VHD too- imagine how you'd feel if they caught either

I know i would never forgive myself...i will speak to my vets and see how much it is for all four of them and also see if they do the combined vaccination. When I got all four buns I could afford them easily but my partner has become ill so its only me working for the time being which is why i havent had them done

Quote Originally Posted by helen01 View Post
    http://burton.easipetcare.com/prices

These are near you and offer cheaper vaccinations.
    thanks they are quite far for me though (i live in chapel en le frith) I will ask around my local vets though and get prices.

Default Myxomatosis in Congleton, Cheshire

Just found a poor wild bunny in the road with Myxomatosis in Congleton, Cheshire - took it straight to the vet to be put to sleep - please vaccinate your rabbits with urgency if you are near this area, many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Logamorph View Post
    I know i would never forgive myself...i will speak to my vets and see how much it is for all four of them and also see if they do the combined vaccination. When I got all four buns I could afford them easily but my partner has become ill so its only me working for the time being which is why i havent had them done
    good news my vet has ordered in the combined vaccination for my four buns which will be here tomorrow so going to get them all done. Not sure about bluebell yet though as she is still sore down below so will need to see if the vet thinks its a good idea vaccinating her whilst shes not well. Will see what they say. The vet also said they have had many wild rabbits brought in with myxi recently, my dad has also reported many of them and that is around the Buxton area of derbyshire.

Default Myxomatosis in Chapel en le frith nr Buxton, Derbyshire

A group of wild buns with the disease up on eccles pike (a popular walking spot for tourists) so people in that area please avoid if you have buns.

Default Myxi outbreak

We've had reports of Myxi outbreak in Penally near Tenby in Pembrokeshire.

If you know of any other outbreaks please let us know at the Myxomatosis Pressure Group website so we can spread the word - many thanks.

http://www.myxomatosis.org.uk/Welcome.html

Default Outbreak in Newquay

We've had a report of Myxomatosis in Newquay Wales, south of Aberystwyth

Up here in Canada you don't have to worry too much about myxomatosis. I have never seen a rabbit with myxo. But I have heard alot about it. I never had my rabbits vaccinated either(we don't have many wild rabbits here).

I'm getting my bun vaccinated, and wanted to know the name of this 'new' myxo vaccination that you've mentioned. I want to make sure he has the best/correct jab, so it would be good to know the name of it so that I can ask the vet

Also, would it be best to get the combined vaccination? I've never done this before, so any info would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!