Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Myxomatosis Outbreaks 2012/13/14

There has been a confirmed case of Myxomatosis in an unvaccinated pet rabbit in the Leicestershire area.

Please please make sure that your rabbits' vaccinations are up to date, and share this alert to make sure that other rabbit owners are aware. There was a VHD outbreak in Newcastle upon Tyne very recently too - both Myxi and VHD are out there and rabbits need to be vaccinated. Unvaccinated rabbits that catch either disease stand no hope of recovery.

The combined vaccine lasts 12 months.

Have heard via a friend there has been Myxi in the Northampton area this past week or so.

Wild rabbit with Myxi picked up in Bishop Auckland area tonight. Unexpected trip to vets tomorrow :-( I can't leave them to suffer, and still sleep at night). I'm not a rabbit owner so no worries there, but registered to let people know..I can't bear to see ANY animal suffer, and Myxi is particularly horrible....

Quote Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
    Wild rabbit with Myxi picked up in Bishop Auckland area tonight. Unexpected trip to vets tomorrow :-( I can't leave them to suffer, and still sleep at night). I'm not a rabbit owner so no worries there, but registered to let people know..I can't bear to see ANY animal suffer, and Myxi is particularly horrible....
    How kind you are. If only all rabbit owners were as compassionate! Thank you for helping lessen the suffering of this little one

from rwaf -
    MYXI ALERT - Rabbit PTS yesterday in the Knox area of Harrogate

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Myxi outbreaks just outside of Canterbury

A friend has had 5 bunnies pts in 4 weeks and I had to have Hogan PTS on Friday

Too raw to write about it, I will do in time, thought it best to pass on
    Bead (him) & Thread (me) is our little outlet for our talents (ha!)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bead-...04447419700468

Quote Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    Two wild rabbits with mxyi just outside my house near Long Sutton, Lincolnshire.

Their suffering was humanely ended by our local pest control officer.

Now I know where Adele got it from (she has made a full recovery I should add).

Caz
    My rescue rabbit that I have wonky had for 3 months has come down with it yesterday she has got baytril and eye drops. Can you recommend anything else? I'm really stressed out my other rabbit is going to have the vac injection today .zoe

wild rabbit just outside Cambridge (not one of my wildies thankfully)

Vet is saying that she feels the new vaccine should hold it better in vac'd rabbits
    Who carry in their hearts Sweet Pea, Florence, Bramble, Parsnip, Quickthorn, Quince, Sage and little Snowdrop. We also remember Viola who visited.

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Kara View Post
    Myxi outbreaks just outside of Canterbury

A friend has had 5 bunnies pts in 4 weeks and I had to have Hogan PTS on Friday

Too raw to write about it, I will do in time, thought it best to pass on
    Very sad.
    Were they vaccinated?

Warren Scout

Are vaccinated rabbits catching myxi, ours are done every12 months, are they 100% safe?
    Rabbit boarding for manchester , stockport ,tameside

http://www.facebook.com/ManchesterRabbitBoarding?ref=hl