Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Myxomatosis Outbreaks 2012/13/14

Default Myxomatosis Outbreaks 2012/13/14

Hey all.

Can people please add confirmed or suspected (although please state which) Myxomatosis outbreaks in their area with the date of first case.
    It would also be helpful to state whether it has been seen in domestic or wild rabbits or both.

This will help to warn people who have not vaccinated their rabbits and to consider minimising risks of contracting the disease.

Many thanks.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...it-Vaccination
    Last edited by Amy & Amber; 19-07-2014 at 07:43 AM.

Thank you Jacks~Jane

My vet told me he had to pts a house rabbit with myxo a few days ago.

I'm in the Livingston area.

I was speaking with my vet this afternoon and he mentioned he's seen some wild rabbits with myxi - he's near Salisbury - so told me to def get it done as mine is due this week (I'm in Southampton).

Pretty much confirmed mild case of Chronic/Nodular myxi in a vaccinated house rabbit Lincs/Cambs/Norfolk border.

We live in Lincs near Spalding but we get our hay from Cambs near Wisbech so not sure if it was our cat, a mozzie through the cat flap or the hay that brought in the biting insects.

Caz
    RIP My Babies: Fudge, Zeus, Athena, Violet, Cosmos & Pierre!

Myxomatosis Alert

Written by Richard on Monday 16th of January 2012

Traditionally, the number of cases of myxomatosis in rabbits gets less in the winter. The virus is spread primarily by biting insects such as fleas and midges. It can also spread by close contact. We have seen some cases over the last two weeks and would urge rabbit owners to vaccinate their pet rabbits.

Bridgwater, Somerset.

Definate case of myxi today (07/02/12) in a wild rabbit in Penistone near Barnsley, South Yorkshire

Two wild rabbits with mxyi just outside my house near Long Sutton, Lincolnshire.

Their suffering was humanely ended by our local pest control officer.

Now I know where Adele got it from (she has made a full recovery I should add).

Caz
    RIP My Babies: Fudge, Zeus, Athena, Violet, Cosmos & Pierre!

Our vets is warning of a possible outbreak of myxomatosis in Bristol....
    This follows reports from Keynsham Veterinary Centre and Lucas Vets that many wild rabbits have been spotted suffering and dying with the disease around the Keynsham and Saltford area.

Default myxomatosis outbreak Colinton

Quote Originally Posted by Leanne View Post
    Hey all.

Can people please add confirmed or suspected (although please state which) Myxomatosis outbreaks in their area with the date of first case.
    It would also be helpful to state whether it has been seen in domestic or wild rabbits or both.

This will help to warn people who have not vaccinated their rabbits and to consider minimising risks of contracting the disease.

Many thanks.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...it-Vaccination
    Recently saw one dead and one young blind rabbit in Colinton Dell, Edinburgh, Scotland last week around 26th of February 2012. Both wild rabbits.

So sad
    Last edited by Korbycat; 05-03-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Default Staffordshire - 14/3/12

We have a lot of wild rabbits in our garden in Staffordshire - they eat most of our plants but I like to see them. I am pretty sure several of the younger rabbits are suffering from Myxomatosis as I have seen it in previous years. I have found one dead and there are at least three with very poorly swollen eyes. I noticed the first one at the end of February.