Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VHD Outbreaks 2014

Default VHD Outbreaks 2014

Hey all.

Can people please add confirmed or suspected (although please state which) VHD outbreaks in their area with the date of first case.

This will help to warn people who have not vaccinated their rabbits and to consider minimising risks of contracting the disease.

Many thanks.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...it-Vaccination
    Last edited by Leanne; 09-01-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Thank you Jacks~Jane

That is a great idea. Thankfully there have not been any cases in my area for a while.
    "Intelligence is denied to animals only by those who possess very little." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer

To buy the decorations in my signature and many more, visit my RU Shop.

To buy individually crafted bunnies, cake toppers and other handmade gifts try Delightfully Decorative
    To follow my arts and crafts progress on facebook, click here

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Warren Scout

My vet said there have been some confirmed in North Somerset recently (he didn't say when they started).

I lost one of mine a couple of weeks ago to VHD. I'm in Wootton Bassett, near Swindon, so its obviously in the South West. Please please please don't go over on your vaccinations. All mine were due their boosters the week after we lost Whisper. We were unlucky with Whisper, one of my others, Merry, has suspected VHD and has spent a week hospitalised and is now, I hope, recovering though he looks very gaunt.

One of my previous vets had told me that it wasn't worth vaccinating if VHD isn't in the area. My current vets pointed out that many cases will go undiagnosed as they result in very sudden deaths and often the vets don't see the animal. My own vet was unsure at first with Whisper and it is only through post mortem that they could confirm. It's horrible to see, please don't run the risk.

I just lost a rabbit to suspected VHD. I live in East Yorkshire - near Hull.
    It is so important to vaccinate against this, Holly was not vaccinated as she was recovering from an illness, her husbun is vaccinated and has shown no signs of the disease.

Binky free Holly, You will be missed

Misty, Miffy, Juni and Holly... Never Forgotten

The RWAF has announced an outbreak in Kidderminster, details here.

One of our rabbit friendly vets has just been in touch to advise us that there is a VHD outbreak suspected in Newcastle Upon Tyne. This is not confirmed by a lab as yet, but in the vet's opinion this is very likely to be the case.

Please share this information, and make sure your rabbits' vaccinations are up to date.

VHD and Myxi is now a combined and annual vaccination and should be available from any UK vet practice

For updates please see our Facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...d=191449507147

Warren Scout

Default VHD Maidstone area

Had 4 probable cases in last week. South Maidstone. PME v suspicious, lab results pending.

Hi Peeps - just to advise I was at my vets today and they have an alert up on their notice board that VHD outbreak has been reported in the Kidderminster, Worcestershire area.

Default VHD outbreak - Lincolnshire

Had this posted on my news feed:

Foxhall Veterinary:

**WARNING ALL RABBIT OWNERS**

We have had several reported cases of sudden deaths in rabbits over the past five days.
    The symptoms all indicate a potential outbreak of Rabbit Haemorrhaging disease or VHD.

It is a very contagious and nasty viral disease that can be transmitted by contact through contact/insects/environment etc.. (very similar to a cold virus in humans)
    Rabbits can die without any warning of being ill.

Vaccination is the only way to protect against this aggressive virus.

Please contact the surgery for advice.

Ellie. You'll always be in my heart. I love you.

Rosie. I can't believe you are no longer at my side. I miss you so much. Wait at the bridge for me.
    Larka. I miss you every moment of every day. You were stolen from me and I will never, ever recover from the heartache of losing you. You should be by side and instead you have gone forever.