• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Chaz friendly special 3 legged boy wants a new home

weeble

Posted on behalf of bunlover

Physical Description: small black lion-head 3 legged
Temperament timid but friendly
Sex male
Neuter Status: neutered
Vaccination Status : mxyi done 2 weeks back and vhd being done this week.
Health: no pre existing issues bar having only 3 legs
Type of home wanted: outdoors where he will hopefully have a wife and free range time some of the time, don't advise indoors as he chews lots and loves grazing on grass
Reason for re-homing: this little fella came to me via a plea from a friend. this is his story.

found as a stray in April guessed to be around 2 months old with his front leg mauled (we guess by a dog) never claimed by an owner. the vet policy was pts as surgery expensive, the vet in question on shift took pity on him and between him and the nurses there they did the op successfully on the quiet, resulting in him becoming a 3 legged bunny. the vet nurse fell in love with him during her helping him battle secondary infection (skin deep not bone) and decided to have him live with her. she had him neutered, she tried bonding him with another buck who was also a neutered stray and they initially got on then a fight broke out ( i suspect too much space to soon but don't know details) they were separated and lived in separate hutches. the lady's husband had to have an operation on his spine soon and they have a young son, also she lost her job with the large vet chain, she then lost her home and moved into her mother in laws, unfortunately her mil wont have the bunnies there. she asked a kindly neighbor to take on her two single boys, the neighbor agreed to let them stay in her garden until a month ago. the vet nurse has got another job now but still cannot move out therefore decided re-homing was kindest for the bunnies she was sad to see them go. this is where i and another fosterer stepped in. we agreed to take on the two boys (one each) and what with Christmas poor thing chaz has been shuttled to and fro each new home (he stayed with me at my parents over Christmas and traveled well in the car) my boys hate him but my girls seem sweet on him which is why i think he would like a girlfriend/wife of his own. he chews everything and eats lots of hay, he has been on a pellet diet with minimal veg and runs and jumps just as well as any other 4 legged. if you require more information please get in touch. he is safe with me but dearly needs a special home of his own where he can finally settle as he has been in so many places in such a short space of time. he likes to binky but due to his missing leg his binkys take more of a run up and then go a bit sideways he cant do them in a run and needs free range to do so. (nb he can be in a run some of the time as long as gets some free range access)

While i dont want money for him specifically i would like a donation to be made to Alice at Windwhistle Warren rabbit rescue so that i can continue to help bunnies there as this rabbit has only cost me food and bedding as the vet nurse paid his neuter and vaccs costs in order to help him find a new home. All homes will be home checked but i will consider various set ups as long as he does get some free range time. pictures to follow

thank you here are pictures
IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

He had a little cuddle with me today and said he just wants a place to call home now and company and love xxx

Back