• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Podz - its Eglu all over again...

i love them for cats and dogs! but that's as a base, permanently open, or as a carry case. for bunnies and chickens thats just cruel :evil:

They are awful! They look even smaller than eglu's. "don't you mean too big?" what's that all about?

Those pics are sad, especially the chicken ones. They can barely take more than 4 steps.

Wow...talk about naff!!! Price range is £99-£299...ouch!!!

Why would anyone pay that much :shock: For 299 pounds, for chickens, you could buy a 10x12 dog kennel and a nice coop to attach to it and have more money left over!

They're tiny! :shock: Ridiculous price for what could only be used as a cat/dog bed! Mine would much prefer a cardboard box to sleep in! :lol:

I think people should tell them their views. I look like a doofus at the moment :lol: In the article it said that they had been the most popular products at 2 trade shows last year!

I really don't like these! they are tiny! Have you all looked at picture 10 of 13, poor poor bunnies!

Oh dear! Who in their right mind would think that that would be big enough for an animal to live in :shock:
They would make a nice shelter in a run, but not for that price!

I commented but I wouldn't be surprised if my (and all our other) comment gets deleted :roll:

I do think it's sad that they spend thousands prototyping and creating these products but they can't even do the simplest bit of market research and go onto the RWAF/RSPCA website and look at what these animals need.

As I said in my comment, another product designed for the owner rather than the pet....

I do think it's sad that they spend thousands prototyping and creating these products but they can't even do the simplest bit of market research and go onto the RWAF/RSPCA website and look at what these animals need.

As I said in my comment, another product designed for the owner rather than the pet....
I think it's about being as cheap as possible to the customers rather than welfare needs. Can't see why it would cost so much when it's so small.

I commented on the FB photo of 2 rabbits in there, wasn't rude, just said it's too small :D

Thats more of a bed for your pets to sleep in not a pernamant living space! And with the price being that expensive you could get an igloo for £10 :shock: So cruel :evil:

I think it's about being as cheap as possible to the customers rather than welfare needs. Can't see why it would cost so much when it's so small.

Because it's made to look nice in the garden and be easy to clean, ie aimed at the owner rather than pet. The Eglu is just the same :roll:

I left a comment on one of the photos and posted on the profile to ask about the dimensions.
I can't believe they thought you meant too big :roll:

I can't believe they said the small one would be suitable for rabbits! I'm sure all the comments will be removed. If anyone is interested, their contact details from the advert in this trade mag are:
Petz Podz Ltd
Cloverleaf Farm
King Street
High Ongar
Essex
CM5 9QZ

tel: 01277 366002
Email: petzpodz@googlemail.com

Hi, do u mean too big? :)
*facepalm*

the small size is perfect for 2 medium sized rabbits...
:evil::evil:
Why do companies like this spend so much money designing things like this, but not do any research on what the animals actually need? :roll:

I quite like the idea of the cat/dog base though, and if they weren't so extortionately priced would probably get one as a bed for Oscar and Jessie.

Back