• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i am soo lost

amor2429

Young Bun
Hey all! Im new here..
I just got my first rabbit! I have no clue about Rabbits but i spent the afternoon reading vets booklets about rabbits and looking at some info sheets online...
But just wanted to join here so i could verify the info a little! Thanks!!!

Hi and welcome!!!

Suspect several of us will be here despite it being Xmas Day:oops::oops:

If the bun is 'new' as in a baby pet shop bun then the first 'rule' is make sure that s/he has the same food to eat now as s\he had in the pet shop - and NO brussels sprouts or carrots or apples etc etc.

Just lots of lovely hay and her usual food.

and somewhere quiet and dark to hide in when s/he is frightened of all the noise and lights at Xmas.

If she has been indoors (in a pet shop or indoor rescue) then keep her indoors for now. (and Vice versa).

Take it gently with her/him.

The rest (vaccinations, huge runs and housing, a friend and companion for her/him, and thinking about neutering, etc) can all come over the next few weeks.

and Happy Xmas!!

Awww...A Christmas Bunny,What are you going to call her??
Happy Christmas!!
Let her have a quiet day, and all the care advice can follow over the next few days and weeks.
Lots of love.And give her a noserub from me.xx

Welcome to the forum :wave:

It's a really great place to get information and advice so I'm sure you'll be a bunny expert in no time if you stick around :)

Awww...A Christmas Bunny,What are you going to call her??
Happy Christmas!!
Let her have a quiet day, and all the care advice can follow over the next few days and weeks.
Lots of love.And give her a noserub from me.xx

Welcome to the forum :wave:

It's a really great place to get information and advice so I'm sure you'll be a bunny expert in no time if you stick around :)

Thanks everyone! :) She's in the guest room so it's pretty quiet, although with all the fireworks and such for christmas etc celebrations its not exactly the quietest and calmest, but she doesnt seem to mind that at all!..?
thanks so much!

If you are new to bunnies make sure you google the bunny flop. It's when a bun is really relaxed and happy, apparently some buns never do it and some only rarely, but they flop over onto their side. The first timeKizzy did it I nearly had a heart attack - she looked dead & it scared the lifeoutof me.

The other thing I would recommend it reading a site called the language of lagomorphs - all about the rabbit body lanuage, it really helped me understand my bun.

Happy christmas :)

If you are new to bunnies make sure you google the bunny flop. It's when a bun is really relaxed and happy, apparently some buns never do it and some only rarely, but they flop over onto their side. The first timeKizzy did it I nearly had a heart attack - she looked dead & it scared the lifeoutof me.

The other thing I would recommend it reading a site called the language of lagomorphs - all about the rabbit body lanuage, it really helped me understand my bun.

Happy christmas :)

OMG! she did that yesterday! it was strange, she made the wierdest noise when she did it! thats so interesting...i looked at a few videos, and im sure that's what she did!

Ooh just realised I've been posting on your other thread without saying a proper hello!

Welcome to RU :wave:

Back