Thread: Rabbit swollen testicle cause and cure

Default Rabbit swollen testicle cause and cure

We have a elder male rabbit with a very swollen testicle and need to know cause and cure. Vets are out of question as here they are very expensive and we need to remedy ourselves. Suggestions are needed. Thanks - Bev

where are you located?

the only option is the vets really. i had a rabbit with an enlarged testicle and he had a tumor that had to be removed. Is the rabbit neutered?

To be honest you really need a vet. They will give painkillers and may need to castrate him. It could be an infection from a wound or even cancer.
    Are there any charities that could help with costs?

Where do you live?

Wise Old Thumper

Whereabouts are you? what country?

Flash's Place - 'Live as Badger Lived', where the Sky's the limit!

Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    where are you located?

the only option is the vets really. i had a rabbit with an enlarged testicle and he had a tumor that had to be removed. Is the rabbit neutered?
    Surely if the rabbit was neutered it wouldn't have any testicles???

I really do think a vet is the only option here, to determine the problem. When you say elderly, how old is the bun?

Quote Originally Posted by ralphus maximus! View Post
    Surely if the rabbit was neutered it wouldn't have any testicles???

I really do think a vet is the only option here, to determine the problem. When you say elderly, how old is the bun?
    They shrink up after they're neutered but they're still there, aren't they? Just very small? Or at least they are for months after they're neutered. I know from when mine were neutered, but I haven't looked at their testicles in ages

Default health

Quote Originally Posted by William View Post
    where are you located?

We are located in Southern Calif and he is not neutered

There's a California member here, though I'm not sure which part of the state she lives in. She might know of a cheaper vet.

Here's a list of South Cal vets http://www.rabbitrescue.com/vetlistings.html

If it IS a tumor, it might not be very expensive to remove and obviously neuter him at the same time. I had mine neutered for $55 each, which included 3 days of pain relief.

Wise Old Thumper

The thing is, if you don't get him treatment, then he will suffer, and it sounds like you do love him, and so wouldn't want him to suffer. So it's a case of making sure he is ok.

www.rabbitsonline.net is an American based forum and they may be able to offer you some more ideas and suggestions for what might help

Flash's Place - 'Live as Badger Lived', where the Sky's the limit!

Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.