• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Three years and two days of Lily-Shane.

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
I met you when you first tottered out of your bed.
I watched you grow,just a little bit.....as your nose began to run and youd snuggle in with your siblings.

You were known as Snotter.Passed around to children as you were the littlest, you became used to being cuddled.
And it was the age of 9 months you caught Ringworm.

Your fate was sealed.You were to be despatched.They couldnt breed from you, the public couldnt look at you, so it was decided......

BUT the girls had better ideas.They rang me.I was there to collect you and took you to my vet, who said we could make you a bit better.

You flourished with me...thrived and grew.Never any more than 740 grams.

Your teeth proved you had problems, so we x rayed you and found we could sort your teeth,we could sort out your little snotty nose, but we couldnt sort your spine.
xrays.png

Did you care?? Oh yes!! You wanted to fight...you wanted to live!!
Although you couldnt binky or periscope without leaning up against your brother, your bravery and determination shone through and against the odds, you battled several lung infections, nasty snuffles and against your disability.

Your spine was so deformed,that your lung tissue went up into a hump in your spine, your windpipes all over the place and lessening lung capacity had you fighting for life, and winning.

A little star in your own right, you won over the vet and the nurses.

Visiting the vet every month for two and a half years, I was told you wouldnt live too long.
You turned 3 years old on the 21st November, a feat we never thought youd accomplish.
All your problems, Oh, I was so proud and happy.

It was exactly a month ago today, 23rd November 2011,two days after your 3rd Birthday, you and I had woken up in the morning to find you had deteriorated overnight.
For that week, you had suffered 2 blue episodes and were losing weight rapidly, despite us trying soft food, any food to try and get your weight back up.
You were falling over,mouth breathing and I gasped at the sheer effort you were putting in.

The time had come,my little one.

I cant see as I type.My eyes are blurry as I relive that morning.
I KNEW it was goodbye.

The moment we arrived at the surgery, Ian nodded at me sadly.
You huddled up in my arms as I cradled you and whispered Goodnight.

I love you,Baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRUtPKhCg8s&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Wow I am speechless and in tears as I type Yvette.

What a strong determined little bunny..:love:

Rest in peace little one xxxxxxxxxxxxx

A beautiful video tribute.

I didn't know they wanted to breed poor little Lily. So sad.

Lily had a wonderful life with you, she really was a special girl. xxx

Back