• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: Snowy.

Snowy is now in foster care with a very happy fosterer. She will stay there until she is stronger and ready to come back to us (or a new home if one turns up).

Snowy was reserved, however, due to an extreme change in circumstances on Snowy's part, her potential adopter has had to sadly change her mind.

Snowy has proven that when she is with another rabbit, she is exceptionally demanding and persistant and no matter what the other rabbit does to cope with this, she still wants more. She also nips harder and harder to try and get what she wants (which is a fuss).

Therefore, Snowy needs to currently go as a single rabbit and she will need to live indoors.

Snowy has been living indoors at her foster home and is generally pretty good. She has exemplary litter habits and has shown no interest in wires or destroying things (although we can not guarantee it will always be this way). All she wants is to be loved (and to explore, especially places she feels she shouldn't).

As a large bunny (roughly around 5.5kg now and stable) with the mind of a young bunny (which is full of energy, full of life, loves charging aruond and binkying- not the laid back attitude of your average large bunny) she will need a lot of space, that is safe for her to run around in, to binky onto, off of, and around.

I can't explain how amazing this bunny is. She has so much to give to someone, and will be such a lovely addition to any home. That said, she will need a very experienced home. She has had dental issues, she has malformed eyes that will need a close 'eye' kept on them and she also has some minor behaviour issues (which can involve nibbling or nipping to get attention- this is ignored here). The health issues will just need monitoring and care when appropriate, and her behaviour issues are essentially that prior to going into foster care she learnt that chewing clothes, feet, legs and anything else got her a fuss, so the nibbling and nipping comes from her learning that gets her needs met. Her foster carer is working on these issues but it will likely take Snowy a long time to lose this learnt behaviour.

Can you offer this one in a million bunny a one in a million home?

Snowy is such an amazing bunny and any owner would be very lucky to have her. She adores attention, Ive never known a bunny quite so in love with people. She deserves someone who can give her all the attention she needs (and herbs!)

Why is Suffolk so far away? Have a large bunny shaped hole in my heart after suddenly loosing my large house bun last week. I hope Snowy finds the perfect lap to snuggle into soon!

Snowy is thriving very nicely in foster care. She is now spending most of her time in their kitchen and seems very content there.

Her nipping has abated greatly but currently she is going through a 'testing phase' and when she realises it gets her no attention she goes away.

She is getting healthier and healthier and builidng good muscle tone and her stamina has increased. Snowy does not really eat hay, however, she loves grass and she loves Readigrass, so her diet comprises of both of those, plus pellets and herbs. Finding something she will eat alongside pellets and herbs has made a real difference to her.

She is desperate to get intoa home where her needs ccan be met and she can get the attention she craves.

12311LumixButterflyChrystalcat006.jpg

12311LumixButterflyChrystalcat009.jpg

I have met this beautiful bunny and she really is gorgeous :love: I cant believe someone hasnt snapped her up already. She is adorable and is desperate for nose rubs, love and cuddles. If my situation were different I would take her!

Snowy is now very healthy and happy in foster care. She lives in the kitchen, but this has shown behavioural issues.

She still abolutely loves a fuss, but she can also be territorial but this seems to be focused on people that smell of rabbits and no one else. This means her being in a sinlge rabbit household would be ideal.

she is very cheeky and goes through phases where she likes to 'play' with everything within reach, which generally means throwing things around. This will mean any area she lives in will need to be safe for her and if she throws things around, it won't be an issue.

she has absolutely kept her love of cuddles and attention and just goes limp when you touch her. The other day she ended up with her back feet in the litter tray (which is an underbed storage box), and her front feet on the floor and then her head on her foster carers knee, but she was totally limp. she looked most odd.

This is Snowy trying to get a fuss from her foster carer outside, whilst she was (supposed to be) inside.

20120511_4.jpg

And here are some others of her pottering around

20120511_17.jpg

20120511_18.jpg

20120511_19.jpg

Back