• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello!

audrinasmommy

Young Bun
Hi my name is Rachel. I have a 1 year old female bunny named Olivia. She used to belong to a friend of mine, but he moved and couldn't have pets. I am unsure of what breed she is and was hoping someone could help. He got her from a pet store and they didn't know what breed she is. I recently had to take her to the Emergency vet because she had a seizure. They also didn't know what kind of rabbit she is. They just couldn't believe how soft she is. She feels like a chinchilla. She is almost 9 pounds. She is brown and her eyes look like she has white eyeliner around them. When she stands on all fours she has a high arch to her back.Please take a look at her and tell me what you think. Thank you so much!

380788_1968591714265_1827142643_1273240_407564972_n.jpg

379105_2041569338660_1827142643_1297659_156020614_n.jpg

391843_1985372653778_1827142643_1279788_679910143_n.jpg

Hello!

Olivia is absolutely beautiful. She looks like a Standard Rex - they have very soft fur. I think the dark brown colour is called Castor; others will be able to confirm this.

My rabbit Ada (on the left in the photo below) is also a Standard Rex, in a colour called Lynx.

Thank you all so much. I think she is quite beautiful myself. Glad to know im not just being a biased bunny mommy lol. She is a very good girl except when I try to cute her nails. She makes this growling grunting noise at me lol. When I got her, I noticed she had a bald spot on her left shoulder. The vet said she has Alopecia. Any suggestions on how to get her hair to grow back? I dont notice her picking it or licking it. So I dont know what is causing it. The area doesnt seem to be getting any bigger either...

And you both have some gorgeous bunnies too!!! I have only owned 2 bunnies before. My first one I got when I was 12...he ended up being too much for me to handle and he is now on a farm. But now I am a stay at home mom and I have lots of time to give my Olivia. So I am very new with owning a bunny. But, I love it!!!:love:

Welcome to the forum, I'm sorry your bunny has been unwell but hopefully you'll get lots of good advice about that here.

Welcome to the forum. Olivia is beautiful! :love:
I dont know what to suggest for your bunny's health problems. Do you know what your vet tested for at all? Did he test for something called E. Cuniculi (EC for short)?
There are some very knowledgeable people on this forum so hopefully someone will be able to make some suggestions for you.

Thank you!!! She was tested for EC, syphilis, and Myxomatosis...i think thats how its spelled. They sent the blood off to a different lab and everything came back normal.

Hi Rachel, welcome to the forum. Everyone on here is very friendly and really helpful.

I agree with the others that Olivia looks like she is a Rex. She is a stunner too!

Enjoy the forum!

Thank you all so much! Yes she is a house bunny. Im too scared to let her be an outside bunny. We have a huge problem with raccoons around here. I dont even like letting my dog go outside at night without supervision because Im too afraid of her getting bit by a raccoon. I would be terrified of Olivia being outside (even in a hutch or run) and not being able to get away or protect herself. Also, shes such a girl girl, I think she would hate me :p

Back