• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch & Run Improvements. Useful weather/ fox proofing ideas?

fantastic bun house! you have inspired me Fluffers ;) I've been out the garage this morning starting to make some shutters for Joey's upstairs doors ... did you primer the wood before painting? only asking as the wood I'm using is untreated and I want it to be protected ... do you think primer/undercoat will be safe to use? :?
his hutch has been treated with what looks like fence/shed stain which I have, but not sure if that's safe to use either? :?

Thank you :D:wave:

I didn't but it would be a good idea :thumb: Use a water based one & make sure it's 100% dry before he goes back in it (ideally do it when he's on his little 'holiday' ;) :lol:

Raising that up on the plinth to give extra height is a really good idea - it must also make cleaning easier because bits are less likely to get caught in the mesh. Have to say though, it's definitely not a ryedale, looks much more like happyhutch to me - but in any case it looks fantastic and they are very lucky foster bunnies to have such a nice, secure and cosy hutch which also has lots of space and light even when it's fully 'battoned down'. :love::D

Raising that up on the plinth to give extra height is a really good idea - it must also make cleaning easier because bits are less likely to get caught in the mesh. Have to say though, it's definitely not a ryedale, looks much more like happyhutch to me - but in any case it looks fantastic and they are very lucky foster bunnies to have such a nice, secure and cosy hutch which also has lots of space and light even when it's fully 'battoned down'. :love::D

Thank you :D and thank you for confirming the make of the hutch, this is useful to know :D

Back