• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Calling All Indoor Bunny Owners

When I lived with my parents, my buns were in my room. They were free range apart from when I was at work when they were in their "pen" :oops:

IMG_0116.jpg

room2.jpg

room3.jpg

room5.jpg

room6.jpg

I even used to let them enjoy the snow!

snowtreacle3.jpg

Then I invested in a dog crate, which I made into 2 levels. It may sound strange, but they actually preferred having a small "base". I think that even though they had their pen area before, it didn't give them a small enough area to think of as their territory. Once they had the crate, they'd happily spend ages in there, as I think it made them feel safe and secure as it was "theirs".

8fa40bca.jpg

6b94ea89.jpg

bbbcb0ca.jpg

b384b3ce.jpg

dee09033.jpg

81e08d4a.jpg

They only got shut in the crate whilst I was at work, so still free ranged most of the time.

I now follow a similar logic with giving the buns an area of their own. They have a small pen which has their litter trays in, and is where they have their meals! It also means I have a secure area that I can put them in should they need it. They then have free range access to the rest of the house! We are fortunate in that due to the days we work, there is almost always someone at home, so they do have some level of supervision!

I will try to take some pictures of this at the weekend as I don't have any on photobucket. :D

Then there's Sav's bed!

DSC04654.jpg

Gertie's based in our kitchen. Her NIC style home when we first put it together:

003-1.jpg

She wasn't so keen on the shelves so we moved them both to the same level and she uses them a lot now:

049.jpg

In spring and summer, when we're home she has the garden and when we're out she has the run, during daylight hours. We bought a rubbish little hutch too small to live in as a run shelter so she can get some privacy if she wants when in the run.

044.jpg

We take a panel out so she's free ranging with us in the evenings. I bought the carpet runner specially as she doesn't like the laminate and it gives her a clean run into the living room:

006-1.jpg

Gertie's based in our kitchen. Her NIC style home when we first put it together:

003-1.jpg

She wasn't so keen on the shelves so we moved them both to the same level and she uses them a lot now:

049.jpg

In spring and summer, when we're home she has the garden and when we're out she has the run, during daylight hours. We bought a rubbish little hutch too small to live in as a run shelter so she can get some privacy if she wants when in the run.

006-1.jpg

We take a panel out so she's free ranging with us in the evenings. I bought the carpet runner specially as she doesn't like the laminate and it gives her a clean run into the living room:

044.jpg

Lucky bun i so want your setup :love::love:

We have the run of the flat 100% of the time, we also have our hidey house where we can go to chill, and we have a walkin cupboard where we have our toilet and eat our dins.

DSC02302.jpg

DSC02404.jpg

DSC01946.jpg

DSC01939.jpg

DSC01569.jpg

GetAttachment-1aspx.jpg

DSC01463.jpg

Last edited:
I now follow a similar logic with giving the buns an area of their own. They have a small pen which has their litter trays in, and is where they have their meals! It also means I have a secure area that I can put them in should they need it. They then have free range access to the rest of the house! We are fortunate in that due to the days we work, there is almost always someone at home, so they do have some level of supervision!

I will try to take some pictures of this at the weekend as I don't have any on photobucket. :D

Then there's Sav's bed!

DSC04654.jpg

Lady Savannah :love::love::love::love: I thought she'd never get here ;)

:lol::lol:

Lady Savannah :love::love::love::love: I thought she'd never get here ;)

I've not been on here much lately as a certain lady requires constant distraction from the Christmas Tree and presents! :oops: She likes to sit under things (tables, chairs) where she can, so has decided that the spot under the tree where the presents are should be hers! :roll:

I've not been on here much lately as a certain lady requires constant distraction from the Christmas Tree and presents! :oops: She likes to sit under things (tables, chairs) where she can, so has decided that the spot under the tree where the presents are should be hers! :roll:

Obviously!! Although to be honest, being the angel that she is I'm surprised she's not tried to climb to the top of the tree..... :angel:

Here are 2 pics that show my indoor buuny set up

roomview1.jpg

roomview2.jpg

I try to move round the stuff every month or so to change thier enviroment for a bit of stimulation. Just added the rabbit tunnel other day to see it they like them, best improvement i seem to have made lately is carpeting the hutch.

As some of you may have noticed I've started updating the thread a bit. Please don't be too offended if I haven't used your photos. :oops: I may have dropped some that might end up confusing the issue or overwhelm the reader or I might be using them in a section I haven't yet updated :)

And if any pics for the bits I haven't done yet don't show up it's cos I borked it :oops:

Haven't a clue where I've put these on the forum so they'll have to go here so I can link to it :oops:

Nutmeg and Smudge:

15-01.jpg

15-02.jpg

15-03.jpg

Mini and Mischa:

15-04.jpg

15-05.jpg

Back