Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mr Bennett NO. RUINING PINE DOUBLE BED. Ruined new 2nd bedroom curtains.

Default Mr Bennett NO. RUINING PINE DOUBLE BED. Ruined new 2nd bedroom curtains.

I can hear munching at the side of the bed. Thought is was the skirting boards, checked, no a big chunk out of the pine double bed. No one will ever see it but he is very norty.

Every morning the new routine is the 2nd bedroom curtains, I found a pile of chewed material on the floor PLUS everyday behind that wardrobe gap pieces of ripped up carpet.

None will be visible to visitors but what can I do to stop him slowly ruining all the furniture, curtains and carpet ?

Wise Old Thumper

Ooooops norty Mr B

I have found that wafting an open bottle of Olbas Oil near (but NOT touching) the offending Bun's nose and saying a firm 'no' accompanied by a stamp of my foot works well. I do get the Bunny equivalent of the one finger salute ( a waggle of the tail and a thump of a hind leg) but it seems to stop the unwanted destructive behaviour. I am sure that Mr B has lots of other toys ?

The Rabbit Welfare Association and Fund (RWAF) ~ The UK's Biggest Organisation for Rabbit Lovers https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/

Edgar needs a Forever Home http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/sh...nham-SW-London

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    Ooooops norty Mr B

I have found that wafting an open bottle of Olbas Oil near (but NOT touching) the offending Bun's nose and saying a firm 'no' accompanied by a stamp of my foot works well. I do get the Bunny equivalent of the one finger salute ( a waggle of the tail and a thump of a hind leg) but it seems to stop the unwanted destructive behaviour. I am sure that Mr B has lots of other toys ?
    Oh yes. He has trashed their tunnel too. All the ties and velco have been chewed off. They have 2 balls, mainly ignored. I have put out cardboard boxes, tubes, magazines etc. All ignored. I can hear him now in the other room having fun with the tunnel.

After an hour or so of rampaging Mr Bennett is content to relax for the rest of the day until he comes out for dinner.

He will jump on the bale of hay and play but I heard him chewing something again, checked and it was either an attempt at the wall or skirtings. He explores all over the place, but banned from the living room now as he loves cables as well.

I try and play with him but he is like a hyperactive toddler and so easily distracted. I have been using crunchies as bribes.

Thanks Jane will get some Oibas Oil.

Wise Old Thumper Blackberry & Co's Avatar

Sorry, but..................

Sleep tight, wee Blackberry x

Professional Animal Artist
    http://www.facebook.com/DandelionsGallery
    Rabbit & Guinea Pig themed items ideal for gifts and treats available at:
    http://folksy.com/shops/DandelionsGallery
    http://www.dandelionsgallery.co.uk

LJ & The Boys have a FB page!
    http://www.facebook.com/LJandTheBoys?ref=hl

Quote Originally Posted by Blackberry & Co View Post
    Sorry, but..................
    He needs a Nanny Pat van. I think flower power will really suit him. He is definately a wild child.

Oh dear Mr Bennett! So perfect in so many ways!!

This is why I would struggle with house buns!!!!

Hi! If you need help with anything, please send me, or one of the other forum buddies a message and we will do our best to help.

Quote Originally Posted by aliduncan1 View Post
    Oh dear Mr Bennett! So perfect in so many ways!!

This is why I would struggle with house buns!!!!
    I think it is revenge for me kissing him all the time.

Never had a problem before. To be fair it was Nancy and Sunshine that ruined the bottom of the other curtains. Sunshine had a good go at the suitcase under the bed and did ruin a single mattress under the other bed. We had to get rid of it. Ummm so he was pretty norty too.

Still at least its not visable, its always behind something.

Discovered the chinchillas had chewed my antique bureau at the bottom and 2 of the wooden handles. They are replacements anyway.

Those bunnies.

Smoo has ripped up all my carpet in the bedroom in one corner....

Quote Originally Posted by Jenova View Post
    Those bunnies.

Smoo has ripped up all my carpet in the bedroom in one corner....
    And wasn't it Smoo who got the small gap between the door and the inside child gate/barrier ?

With your chins and Smoo you won't have much left.

Hes a very determined little bunny....