• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: Lovely Buck found as stray - Scotland

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Pegasys

DSC01930.jpg

This is Harry. He was found as a stray around a month ago and no one has come forward for him. I don't know how old he is but he seems like a young adult, maybe one or two years old. He has long hair but it is quite low maintenance compared to other long haired rabbits, because of this he doesn't need a lot grooming. I think his fur would be fine with just a quick comb through once a week.

He is a nice boy, a little shy but will approach me and will accept nose rubs and he is not too bad to handle. He seems a little lonely so I am sure he would love a friend or two. He is in good health and eats plenty of hay. I don't know if he has had any vaccinations and he is not neutered unfortunately but if anyone wants to give him a home and can contribute to the cost I can get him done whilst he is here. I am also an experienced bonder so could help to pair him up with another rabbit once he is neutered.

He is currently living outside but I am sure he would adapt to living indoors as well. He is a very tidy boy and doesn't seem destructive so could make a lovely house bun. I wish I could keep him but I already have 10 buns and none of my pairs or groups would accept another young male. He is living in a large hutch here but I want to find him a home where he can also have a friend.

He is located in Fife, Scotland.

Thankyou

Thankyou :)

He really is a lovely boy. I wanted to try and find a home for him myself before bothering any of the rescues. Hopefully someone will fall in love with him :love:

Just bumping Harry up.

He is starting to come out of his shell a bit more now. I am going to check how much my vets will neuter him for. I would prefer to get him neutered before he goes to a new home. I would love to see him paired up with a nice girl bunny :)

It is really much too early, but there are a couple of lovely boy bunnies on here, including Harry, that I am thinking could be suitable for Ada.
Ada is quite dominant, and Harry sounds shyer, and that is supposed to be a good combination, isn't it?
However, he is quite far away.

In any case I need to wait for PM results - and vet bills - and make sure my accommodation is up to standard, and indeed see how Ada manages as a single rabbit.

Has Harry shown signs of any health issues?

Hi, sorry for not replying sooner. He hasn't shown any signs of health problems, he is in very good condition. His teeth are good and he eats plenty of hay. He seems to have a good healthy digestive system too, he does fine with just a small amount of pellets (he is on excel), his poops are big and golden and he never leaves any caecals :)

How far away are you? I am happy for him to travel to get to a new home but I am not too keen on long bunny runs. I would only consider a longer journey if he could definitely stay, even if bonding didn't work out.

Hi, sorry for not replying sooner. He hasn't shown any signs of health problems, he is in very good condition. His teeth are good and he eats plenty of hay. He seems to have a good healthy digestive system too, he does fine with just a small amount of pellets (he is on excel), his poops are big and golden and he never leaves any caecals :)

How far away are you? I am happy for him to travel to get to a new home but I am not too keen on long bunny runs. I would only consider a longer journey if he could definitely stay, even if bonding didn't work out.

Hi, Sorry for taking a while to get back to you too.

Since I posted to this thread some other rescues have made me aware that there could be issues around bonding Ada (who has snuffles with more unusual bacteria) with other rabbits. And I can't afford to take on a bun with pre-existing conditions. So it looks like I'm not in a position to offer Harry a home.

He is an adorable little bun and sounds delightfully easy to have around, so hopefully he will have a permanent home somewhere else soon.

The rescue I foster for may be able to take him into their foster network if there is no home yet. Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care. Their website would give you more information. Hope something turns up soon.

Vita, no worries. Hopefully someone will want to give him a home soon :)

I spoke to David at Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care about Harry and he said he could put him on their website, just haven't gotten round to emailing the pictures yet :oops: I don't mind him staying here whilst he waits for a home, he has a very big hutch all to himself so he is not an urgent case :) I looked into getting him neutered but my vets prices have shot up recently :shock: I really can't afford it just now as I have vet bills for my own rabbits to pay for. I can get him vaccinated though. I might phone around some other vet surgeries and see what they charge, I feel a bit guilty about doing that though :(

He is on Rabbit Rehome and a couple of other sites too but not had any offers of a home for him yet :(

Harry was neutered today and will vaccinated in the next couple of weeks :) He would make a lovely husbun for a single female :D

Back