• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I collect my puppy today :)

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
I have a cute coming home in 8 days. She is 9 weeks at the moment, and quite unwell, so can't come home until 10 weeks.

A small, young cute, that looks like this.

daisy.jpg

daisy2.jpg

I know some of you will think its too soon, and some will think I should be rehoming an adult dog. This however, just feels right. I have never had a puppy before, and the thought is so scary, you will all have to keep me straight (and sane)!

Sorry the photos aren't great, she doesn't sit still, and from the word of her Mummy's mouth she's A fiesty wee thing, she certainly is no shrinking violet!

Last edited:
she is beautiful :love:

if you feel the time is right then it is not too soon.
i got jazz 8 days after we lost tyke and felt hurt when a friend commented 'that was quick'. i was not looking, she was just in the right place at the right time.
you are not trying to replace your lost dog and it does not mean it will ever be forgotten but if this feels right go for it, i am really pleased for you and your puppy (though they hit you like a ton of bricks as i always forget what hard but rewarding work they are!) it will also hopefully help you heal a little.

lots of love and luck... but we need more pics and a name! :D

*squishes tight*

If anyone judges you, that is THEIR issue, not yours, just brush it off and trust yourself that this is the right thing for you.

I can't wait to see more piccies :D I hope she gets better soon.

Thanks everyone, I was so nervous that the rescue would say no. She's a poor poor wee thing. I don't know her whole story yet, just bits, but she was a stray, with mange, and she's only 9 weeks! She's waiting on her last treatment and injection next week, then she can come home. I don't know if you can tell from the photos her skin looks quite red.

Her parentage is dubious, but there is a litter of pups almost identical to her at another rescue near the KWK9 Rescue (where she is coming from). It's suspected she is part of that litter, and either the people they were taken off hid her to try and keep her, or kept her then dumped her. The other rescue was told the parents were a Whippet type (Mum) and a Greyhound type (Dad).

From her colouring, I see Saluki in there somewhere. And there is a Saluki 'farmer' in that area, he always has studs and pups advertised, so there could well be. My Dad is convinced she's got Staffie in her, and while I have nothing against Staffies, I don't think she's got staff in her.

Hoping to speak to her foster Mummy later :D

It's all very surreal, I have to go buy puppy collar, lead, teething/chewing bones etc!

Oh, I just got another update. Apparently she was away from her Mum by 5 weeks, she was emaciated, covered in fleas and had mange.

She has made loads of progress with her foster parents, is crate trained and happy to be in there, and also she's toilet trained.

She just doesn't know when to stop playing, and needs another dog to put her in line. There was someone else interested, but they didn't have another dog, and the rescue feels she would be better placed in a home with an existing dog (or two!).

Oh wow she's lovely! :love:

But how sad she's had to go through so much already! So pleased you've found each other and hope she continues to recover well and can soon be with you! :love: xx

Lol I was mentally making a list of everything I'd need if we'd decided to wait and go for a puppy instead of getting an adult dog - I had lots of chew toys and a crate at the top of my list! Happy shopping! :wave: xx

Oh wow she's lovely! :love:

But how sad she's had to go through so much already! So pleased you've found each other and hope she continues to recover well and can soon be with you! :love: xx

Lol I was mentally making a list of everything I'd need if we'd decided to wait and go for a puppy instead of getting an adult dog - I had lots of chew toys and a crate at the top of my list! Happy shopping! :wave: xx

Thanks for that! Crate I have, I have a Nylabone that I bought for a visiting puppy, but I guess I will need more than that :lol:

Back