• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maddy died today

Maddy was an absolutely stunning dog.Please dont blame yourself,as others have said it was a tragic accident.You must be in absolute shock,if you know an animal is ill its easier to adjust but when one dies in front of your with no warning it takes months to get your head around what happened.I wish I could take your pain away xxxxxx.Sleep tight beautiful Maddy xxxx

Still thinking of you. Just told my Dad what happened to your baby, and he also sends his wishes and thinking of you xx

Last edited:
I have only just seen this and can't tell you how horrified I am for you. You poor thing!! :cry:

But it was, as others have said, an awful, hideous accident so please don't blame yourself. She was an absoutely stunning dog - I loved seeing her pics.... can't really imagine what you are going through right now.

Sending tons of hugs to you xxxxx

I've only just seen this too....and I really don't know what to say. The pain must be unimaginable :cry:
She was such a beautiful girl...I have a weakness for greyhounds anyway....but she really was a stunner. Please don't beat yourself up....as everyone has said, it was a horrible and unavoidable accident.
Greyhounds are silly things...and despite being 'sight' hounds....they often run blindly, Jazzy used to run into things on a regular basis :roll:
You loved her so much...and those two years, while too short, was half of her life spent with all the love she could have possibly wanted.
Run free sweetheart.

Oh goodness, how awful :( it certainly is not your fault, it was a very very unlucky accident, she looked like she had a fabulous life with you, better have a short great life than a long miserable one. Don't beat yourself up hun xxx

RIP beautiful Maddy xx

I've only just seen this, I'm so so sorry, what an awful accident. Please don't blame yourself, Maddy was a beautiful happy girl you can see that in her face. Run free sweet girly. :cry:

I'm so sorry, I read this when it happened and didn't know what to say. I can relate a lot to losing someone you love on a day that's supposed to be special. I saw the photos of her last walk and she looks so, so happy. Maybe one day you can draw some comfort from that.

Thinking of you.

Sleep tight Maddy. x

Thanks to everyone, and everyone who sent PM's, they were very much appreciated, even though I didn't really feel able to reply. I am glad that if she was destined to be taken young, that she had a brilliant two years, and she died on her absolute favourite walk. She couldn't have been happier.

I have to think now maybe she wanted me to help this little pup coming on Friday, maybe she was meant to come my way.

Oh Sarah, I'm so sorry. I really don't know what to say. It's so tragic :cry:. Lots of love and hugs from my end xxx

Maddy has sent you a gift to help you, but not replace her and maybe shes trying to tell you Sarah she doesn't blame you and she happy upstairs looking over you and thanking you for the loveliest two years she had on this earth :love::love::love::love:

Back