• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maddy died today

I am so sorry about poor Maddy, she was incredibly beautiful. Please don't blame yourself though, this was an accident and Maddy would not want you to blame yourself. Putting her out of her misery is the best thing you could have done and she will forever be grateful for that. You do a lot of good for the pets you have and its clear they know it. I know the pain is immense right now but it will abate over time. Two years is not very long, it is unfair and a real shame and I'm so sorry you could not have had longer with her. If you need to chat I'm only a pm away. Run free beautiful stunning Maddy :(

What an absolute tragedy, I'm so sorry, life can can be so unfair :cry::cry:

Hugs to you, Todd and Lucy xx

Run free beautiful Maddy xx

God how awful, but remember the fun times she died (sadly) doing something she loved running being free. Please dont blame yourself who would have seen that happening and Im sure she would have rather died getting the chance to run then being tied down on her lead all the time.

Died is such a forever word she has only stepped into another room where you will meet again. I tortured myself over winston because for 2-3 months I knew he was ill and the vet kept saying he was ok in the end we had only 3 weeks with him before finding him unable to move dragging himself along on his belly. f I had of pushed the vet could he still behere? it killed me and honoustly still does when I think about it but then I see a bit of wallpaper missing and laugh the daft memories the happy times!

love and hugs your way and whether you believe in life after death I can tell you that my Winston has come back and he is found playing tricks on the others and getting them into trouble. So look for little signs to let you know she is ok and just left her body not her love or memories behind!

I'm so sorry to hear your lose of your Maddy, and please do not blame yourself. Be letting her of her lead you where giving her happiness, she was having fun, you where been a good Mummy to her, not a bad Mummy, it was freak accident, no one could have seen it happening. You where the best Mummy to her a dog could have.

and I'm in tears after writing this, so thinking of you hunnie. And don't blame yourself. She is looking down at you, and thinking what a good life she had, and how lucky she was to her a Mummy like you, have all the freedom she had and all the fun.

xxx

My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today. - Richard Adams

I'm so sad to hear your tragic news. It is not your fault, it is a tragic accident. Maddy was needed in heaven, she was taken too soon for a reason. She will watch over you all and keep you safe, look up at the stars tonight, the most sparkly one you see will be her shining down on you. I'm so sorry xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I dont often post down here but had to after hearing your sad news :( I loved all the updates from you with the greyhounds, Todd and Lucy need you more than ever now so please dont give up or blame yourself!
R.I.P Maddy :love:

I'm so so sorry Sarah. It must be so heartbreaking.:cry::cry:
She had an amazing life with you, she always looks so happy in all the pictures you take.:love:
She was truly gorgeous and will be missed by many.:love:
Run Free Maddy. xxxx
Thinkig of you at this very hard time, hugs. xxxxx

I am so so sorry. :cry:

I'm sure you gave her a great life.

It was an accident, please don't blaim yourself xxx

How do I make the pain go? Absolutely everything reminds me of her. I just had to feed two dogs. Her collar still has her hairs in it. It still smells of her. Her coat is hanging on the door. How can she be cold in the ground?

I know people have been through worse, and I myself have lost dogs before, but they have always had their time on earth. I got TWO YEARS with her. TWO YEARS!!! What did I possibly do to be hurt this badly?

I can't stop crying. She was buried today. Lucy got out, she saw Maddy's body in the wheelbarrow, she stood there and howled and howled. I can't explain it to her. She keeps looking all round the house for her.

Back