• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maddy died today

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
My birthday, and how have I spent the day? Crying over my dog. :cry::cry::cry: I am broken in two.

We went for a nice walk earlier, she was running with Lucy, fell in a ditch and broke her back. It happened SO quickly, and unfortunately, there was absolutely nothing that could have been done. She was put out of her misery.

It's just so unfair, she was only 4, and should have had so many years ahead of her. The pain is killing me, I just want it to end. It's all my fault, I should have put her on a lead. Or I shouldn't have walked her there. I don't deserve pets. I only had two years with her. I wish I had died instead.

Sweet dreams my gorgeous greyhound girly.

Maddy Mooface by Niseag, on Flickr

Oh no:shock: I am so very sorry:( Please dont blame yourself, accidents happen. RIP Maddie xx

Oh poor Maddy!

It isn't your fault Happysaz, what a tragic accident! Breaking bones isn't something we can prevent. :(

*hugs*

Run free Maddy x

Oh my gosh, I'm so so sorry. :cry::cry: You mustn't blame yourself; it was a very tragic accident and nothing you could have foreseen.

Sleep tight Maddy. x

I am so so sorry. I really can't believe it.
She was such a beautiful dog and without ever meeting her you knew she was special.

Run free at the bridge Maddy x

Thanks guys, the pain is just unbelievable. I really can't describe it. There are so many things we are going to miss about her.

Todd and Lucy are equally upset. Todd won't go out for a walk, I don't know if its because she died on our walk earlier, or what. Lucy is wandering around the house looking for her and has collected all the teddy bears she played with.

:( I'm so sorry.
Please don't blame yourself, it's not one of those things that can be foreseen.
You gave her 2 wonderful years, she was so obviously a very happy, very loved dog.
Sleep tight Maddy xoxoxo

So sorry what happened. It was a very very sad accident that could not have been prevented. Maddy was doing all things that dogs love to do. Running around and having fun. You could have never known what would have happened. You loved and cared for her. Really sorry. xxx

Last edited:
Back