• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spay vibes for tomororw U/D P27

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
My 2 girls (Emmy and Poppy) are going for their spay tomorrow. I am so worried about them already :(

Is there anything special I should do for them when they get home?

Last edited:
Sending vibes for tomorrow.

They will need to be kept warm and I'd give them a drinking biowl as well as a bottle. You should have been asked to send a packed lunch with them. Make sure you ask for extra pain relief ready for when the vet's pain relief wears off. Also it's a good idea to get in herbs/dandelions/their favourite food to tempt them to eat.

Good luck! :wave:

Sending vibes for tomorrow.

They will need to be kept warm and I'd give them a drinking biowl as well as a bottle. You should have been asked to send a packed lunch with them. Make sure you ask for extra pain relief ready for when the vet's pain relief wears off. Also it's a good idea to get in herbs/dandelions/their favourite food to tempt them to eat.

Good luck! :wave:

Thanks :wave: They already have a bowl but I was going to set up the bottle in just in case. Will definately be asking for pain relief.

We have herbs on growing on the balcony so should be right there. Its just going to be keeping them warm. They are house bunnies so that should help a lot. Might turn the heating on low for them though for a day or 2.

I haven't slept a wink all night worrying about the girls today (and my neighbour). They are still so little and I just hate having to do this to them but I know that I need to :(

If you have a snugglesafe warm it up for them, my foster girls loved stating on theirs after their ops. All the best for today.

I'm sure they will be fine and home before you know it, i've no experience with girlie buns either, but herbs are definitely a fab idea, its all Joejoe would eat for a couple of days after having his bits seen too. Good luck andkeep us updated how they go on xx

I don't have a snugglesafe :( But I will give them extra fleece and our flat is pretty warm anyway.

I am going to use the time they are away though to completely clean their space because Emmy has decided to wee everywhere over the last few weeks and I don't want that to continue.

Will they be able to get into their litter tray when they get home?

I don't have a snugglesafe :( But I will give them extra fleece and our flat is pretty warm anyway.

I am going to use the time they are away though to completely clean their space because Emmy has decided to wee everywhere over the last few weeks and I don't want that to continue.

Will they be able to get into their litter tray when they get home?

They should manage fine as long as the sides are no bigger than them. Don't worry about the snugglesafe, it was just f you had one it would be a good chance to use it.

They should manage fine as long as the sides are no bigger than them. Don't worry about the snugglesafe, it was just f you had one it would be a good chance to use it.

Their litter tray is just a normal cat litter tray so hopefully they will be ok. Might see if OH can go by P@H to get me a snugglesafe today.

Good luck girls!! One of mine was spayed a couple of weeks ago and it took her a couple of days to start eating and pooing properly but she's fine now.

I have dropped them off :( Its very quiet in the flat today without the binkys and bunny 500's that are usually going on at this time of the morning.

Both are really tired and hadn't eaten at the vets but have had some food since coming home. The nurse just said to give them their favourite and let them know if they arn't a little perkier by tomorrow morning. We have Baytril and Metacam for them tomorrow.

Thanks for all the vibes today :)

Thanks :wave: Poppy seems to have come out of the GA better than Emmy. She is still really sleepy :( I will check on them through the night but hopefully by morning Emmy will be a little more awake than she is now otherwise I will phone the vets. They have both moved around a little though and have been grooming themselves which I hope is a good sign.

Its such a worrying thing to be a bunny mummy to 2 little girls :(

Back