• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit noises please help

this morning my rabbits were making chirpy noises like guineapigs i don't know if they're in pain or are happy
the noises weren't loud but could hear them clearly
any advice :?

Rabbits making noises is not normal because they are prey animals and stay silent so as not to attract attention. Is anything frightening them? I would get them along to a vet.

Some rabbits I think its mainly males make a little low pitched buzzing type noise. My Dudley does it when he's feeling 'fruity' or excited.

Could you explain the noise as a 'humming' or 'buzzing' noise? If so - are your buns neutered/spayed?

Some bunnies do make noises when they are happy - a kind of purring noise. Some make noises when they are in pain or anxious. So it can be difficult to tell. Try to work out when they are making the noises. Mine make a kind of snoring noise sometimes when they are really relaxed and flopped out.

Poppet made a 'clucking' noise for a couple of weeks after her spay. Ricky sometimes makes a grunting noise, mainly when he's moving his sleepy blanket around (seems I *never* put it just right! :D)

I have kept 3 beautiful rabbits throughout my life and everyone of them has been given a good quality life in terms of accomdation, attention and diet. All of them (2 males and 1 female) have made little squeeky noises (nothing alarming) simply when exploring.

Simba is the only bun I have ever had that has needed medication. She makes little stressed noises when having her bayril. With metacam, she makes little happy noises and begs for more!

You learn to tell what the noises mean, I think. But if you are undecided and concerned, get along to a vet for sure.

last sunday we moved there hutch into the shed where they can run around inside.
so could they be exploring and having a conversation with eachother because theyre both making a squeaky chirpy noise at eachother.
they havent been spayed yet and one of them (flopsey) growls when you pick her up we planned to get them spayed very soon :D

could the noises be down to them moving?

thank you for all your replies x x :love:

Rabbits making noises is not normal because they are prey animals and stay silent so as not to attract attention. Is anything frightening them? I would get them along to a vet.

i think it was the change of the enviroment that made them make noises they're okay now thank you for helping :D

I have kept 3 beautiful rabbits throughout my life and everyone of them has been given a good quality life in terms of accomdation, attention and diet. All of them (2 males and 1 female) have made little squeeky noises (nothing alarming) simply when exploring.

Simba is the only bun I have ever had that has needed medication. She makes little stressed noises when having her bayril. With metacam, she makes little happy noises and begs for more!

You learn to tell what the noises mean, I think. But if you are undecided and concerned, get along to a vet for sure.

i think they were exploring or unsure of their new enviroment thanks for helping means a lot :D

Back