• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just Saying Hello

KirstiRobinson

Warren Scout
Hi,

I'm Kirsti and I have two buns a German lop cross buck called Mojo and an english rabbit doe called Charlie

IMG00282-20110211-2128.jpg

171739_10150089503622414_503912413_6660875_3167906_o.jpg

Charlie is a very unwell bunny, shes only just turned 1 but she had a tumour removed in April and it has left her with a lot of internal problems. She also has trouble digesting her food and has recently developed EC. She currently has hind leg paralysis and has developed a twitch over the last couple of days. She is on her second long does of panacur, although i think I will now keep her on it forever.

If anyone has any advice on keeping buns with EC as comfortable as possible i'd really appreciate it.
She is also 1kg underweight so any advice on how to help her put on weight quickly would be great!

helloooo!

hi there! lovely bunny pics! sorry to hear about your poorly rabbit, every one is very helpful on here, i'm sure some one will have some advice for you. try the health section aswell? :wave:

Aww they are cutie pies!!

I read a couple of days ago a thread about porridge to fatten up underweight buns.

Post in the health section with a different title and sure you'll get lots of helpful advice...

Hello :wave:. I have an english too and they are great for cuddles :love::love::love:. Im sorry about Charlie and i would also recommend trying the health section.

Hello :wave:. I have an english too and they are great for cuddles :love::love::love:. Im sorry about Charlie and i would also recommend trying the health section. Just because I'm curious, do Mojo and Charlie live together?

hello and welcome :wave: i have crossposted in to the health section for you hopefully someone will be able to help

is charlie on any other treatment for e c had to take my rabbit back to the vet for more treatment as panacur was not enough,thanks to the people on here who advised me she is now on metacam and batril as well.

I sadly don't have any advice really for your poorly bun, but thought I would send lots of vibes and hope he has the most enjoyable life possible xxxx

Thanks for all of the welcomes :)

In reply to some of you.. Charlie and Mojo don't live together they are both house buns but unfortunately Mojo rejected Charlie, probably because she is poorly.

And she is only currently on panacur.. i'm interested to know does EC cause them pain? because if it does i most certainly need to get her some metacam and i will ask my vet about baytril thank you. She has only developed it in the last month or so we are still learning about it.

:)

Hi, sorry to hear about Charlie and her ongoing problems, I run a sanctuary and have had several bunnies with tumours, some have been removed and some haven't and I have also had bunnies with EC

I see you are giving her a course of Panacur, personally I wouldn't keep her on it long term as I would be concerned about the side efects and possible organ damage, you need to speak to your vet and get their advice, have you thought of trying Accupuncture for the hind leg paralysis? I have used this several times and it's worked wonders for a couple of our bunnies, obviously keeping them clean and dry is a must and I always use vetbed and lots of towels for them to lay on them so they can be changed regularly

As for the lack of weight, I always feed my underweight bunnies dry porridge oats, I just put them in a dish and let them eat them, most bunnies love them and it really helps with the weight, I also feed some of my oldies Excel Junior and Dwarf because that also helps keep the weight on

Hope this helps

Back